OCMULGEE AT HAWKINSVILLE

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by KSEAMON, Jul 2, 2009.

1. KSEAMON

KSEAMON New Member

State:
    PERRY, GA
    ANYBODY FISHING THE OCMULGEE AROUND HAWKINSVILLE? ANY COMMENTS ON BEST TIMES OR BEST PLACES?

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I fish it at 96 in Houston co. never had mush luck been thinking about triing down there so I will watch this thread for input post how you do:cool2:Oh welcome to the BOC

3. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    i fish it in Ben Hill co.

4. lugnutz

lugnutz New Member

State:
    Demorest Ga.
    I am familiar with Hawkinsville but have never been on the river there. Theres 2 landings in Hawkinsville and another going out the lower river road called Sandy Hammock, use to go drink beer there when I was way younger, and another in Cochran. Seems there would be some good fishing there though.

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I was just there in April and was wondering about the fishing there. Are they suppose to have flatheads too? I have family in Hawkinsville and Cochran where my mom is staying now so when I visit which is often I would like to get on some fish there. The river was very muddy last time I saw it though and was very high under the bridge leaving the Ville and heading to Cochran or Eastman. I did a little video on a trip that you all may want to see. I came across an area that looked to produce well for some folks as they had carcasses all over teh ground which looked to be channels heads and maybe some perch carcasses too. So I guess they were getting some channels in that area as you can see from the vid here on my way to Georgia. I also have a short feed on the Mississippi river.

B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHviE4U9Cm0

6. lugnutz

lugnutz New Member

State:
    Demorest Ga.
    Bluehunter, was that video clip of the fish carcases by the boat landing at the park? If so I was just down there doing a little bank fishing the other day before I had to go to work. It is a pretty river and I have been on it a few times up there at the hwy 96 bridge and went up stream about 2 miles,, never had much luck there. I have also been in it there around Julliet and had some real good fishin there, bass and cats.