ocean policy task force update

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by sportsmanfromkc, Jan 27, 2010.

1. sportsmanfromkc

sportsmanfromkc New Member

State:
    kansas
    recived this email today

Dear Travis:

Thank you for sharing with me your concerns regarding the Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force's Interim Report. I appreciate hearing from you on this matter.
    As you may know, the Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force on June 12, 2009, established by President Obama on June 12, 2009, and led by the White House Council on Environmental Quality, is charged with developing a recommendation for a national policy that ensures protection, maintenance, and restoration of oceans, our coasts, and the Great Lakes. The Task Force is also responsible for recommending a framework for improved stewardship and effective coastal and marine spatial planning.
    On September 10, 2009, the Task Force released its Interim Report, which includes proposals for a comprehensive national approach to uphold our stewardship responsibilities and ensure accountability for our actions. The report is available online at http://www.whitehouse.gov/assets/documents/09_17_09_Interim_Report_of_Task_Force_FINAL2.pdf . Before releasing this report, the Task Force initiated a public engagement process, hosting public meetings and roundtables to hear from a broad range of stakeholders and interest groups. The roundtables included representatives from sectors including fishing, conservation, recreational boating, energy, and so on. The Task Force also invited the public to submit comments. The same is now true for the Task Force's Interim Framework for Effective Coastal and Marine Spatial Planning, which is available for a 60-day public review and comment period through Friday, February 12, 2010. You can submit comments on this framework by visiting http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/ceq/initiatives/oceans/interim-framework/submit.
    The issue of balancing the environmental protection and conservation of and recreational use of our oceans, lakes, and streams is always difficult. While it is important that these bodies of water are able to be enjoyed by the public, and that the conservation efforts of the recreational fishing industry are recognized, we must also ensure that these waters are conserved and protected for future generations. Please be assured that I am dedicated to striking the correct balance so that we can enjoy our national natural resources without damaging them irreparably, and will keep your views in mind should I have the opportunity to consider any related legislation during the 111th Congress.
    Thank you again for contacting me. I hope you will continue to keep in touch and please feel free to let me know whenever I may be of assistance.

Very truly yours,
    [​IMG] DENNIS MOORE
    Member of Congress

P.S. Please sign up for my e-mail newsletter to receive periodic updates on federal legislation at my Web site: http://moore.house.gov/

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Master of double speak BS