Occoquan River Trip on Tuesday.

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by rebcatman, Aug 15, 2007.

1. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Went back out to the Occoquan river yesterday and caught a couple of small blues. I was taking a non fishing friend out on the boat, so I did not fish for very long. I have fished the same spot four times over the last two weeks, and have never failed to catch fish. Most are on the small side, but the action is steady.

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Another great report, Tom...just gotta rep you for keeping this forum active!

That is...as soon as they'll let me!

3. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    By the way, I'm thinking about floating my yak on Brittle tomorrow morning (Saturday). I'll be trying to beat the sunrise. If you have the time, come on over!

4. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Thanks. I'd send some back, but I have to wait some too. I was planning on the taking the boat out again, but the motor is still being worked on... So, maybe I will just have to go to Brittle instead. What time are you planning to start fishing?

5. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    I apologize for not getting back with you soon enough, but I did make it to Brittle on Saturday. The boat was in the water by 7:00.

It was a picture-perfect day except for the steady and brisk breeze that created the highest chop that I have experienced on the lake.

A lot of boat traffic, shore fishermen, and stiff wind made for an impossible fishing day. This is the first time I have been skunked in over a year...not so much as a bite.

From now on I'll fish Brittle on overcast days during the work week.

6. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    That stinks. Brittle can be tough to fish. We will have to try another time to met up.