Oakland is really bad..what has happened ?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by osageCo_flathead, Oct 11, 2006.

1. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I grew up a silver and black fan. I wore my Darth Raider shirt to bed on Saturdays and put on my Marcus Allen, Howie Long , or flashback Stabler jersey on every Sunday before the games kicked off....oh my how things have changed.

Draft strategies have to change. Davis has to start going outside of his comfort zone and take a few skilled position players from outside the west coast schools and the pac 10 in particular. Great area and a wealth of talent but you can not make it happen in this day and age unless you take the best player available.

But this is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak. Davis has to relinquish some control. Until this happens the Raiders will be doormats. He has to understand a coach needs a little say in his program. The entire Gruden fiasco came about because Davis was not willing to pay the man what he was worth....and then calaidoit happened...but that is another story I guess.

In conclusion, I think the Raiders are doomed to failure until Mr Davis relinquished his grip on this team one way or the other. I would love to see the man set back and allow some other people to guide this team back to the "commitment to excellence" days and watch his team win a title before God calls his up to the big owner box in the sky. Micro management, totalarism, what have just does not get it done in this day and age.

2. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Very well said.

3. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    commitment to shame is there new slogan.they are awful.they might not win a game all year

4. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Their team is lacking a lot. Mainly disipline. Most penalized team in the league over the past few years and constant mental errors on the team. Blame it on a rotating caoch trend or whatever you want, but the Raiders need to figure something out. Their lack of sucess cannot be blamed on lack of talent with names like Moss and Sapp on their team the talent is there.

5. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    They Are Bad. But I'm Still A Fan.

6. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    I have always been and will always be a Raider fan but I tell you it isn't much fun being a fan with no hope. I can't beleive Davis as back. Oh what I wouldn't give to stand tall as a Raider fan. Things aren't looking to good right now.

7. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That is another thing...If the Raiders are gonna take older players like Sapp at least dont pay them like they are in their prime. Moss is worth the money but not Sapp. The Raiders do not value the draft at all.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Raiders have always been a time I loved to hate. There was nothing better than A Steeler - Raider matchup back in the 70's! It's sad to see what has been happening to them as of late. I hope to see things get better out there in Oakland so I can get back to hating the silver & black.:cool2:

9. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    its sucks for the fans that the Raiders thatthey are so bad,but im a Denver Broncos fan i believe it couldnt happen to a better team to be a doormat,I hate the Raiders and they can be this bad til the day i die and will will lose absolutely no sleep over it

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    The Raiders will suck till al Davis dies!!!!

11. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    It's tuff following a loosing team. I am a Chi. Cub fan. LOL
    Bill

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Billy,
    :0a27:
    I was born & raise in "Oakland" & I now live in "San Leandro, Calif." (a city outside of Oakland) & I'm also Raiders fan myself from way back and I wanted you to know that I agree with you 110% Buddy on this one. - "Good Post"! :big_smile:
    :confident:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

13. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Ok Raiders fans this game today could have been different. What were they thinking on their last drive of the half trying to go after Champ Bailey?????:confused2: He is without a doubt one of the best if not the best CB in the league. I knwo they wanted to get Moss involved but not when he is blanketed.

14. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well...as the young kid discovered...Champ Bailey + John Lynch + Randy Moss = No TD

And...Champ Bailey +trying to lead a receiver = Interception.