Oak Hollow

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ncfowler, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I was not out last night but a friend i have was. The shad are off the bubbles or at least not as thick, I told him to check the coves for shad, He hit the coves and got a net full in one cast. so the shad are still schooling but in the warmer waters in coves, The water surface was around 65. He said the bite was still slow but that may just be were he was fishing. I would drift the deeper water were the water may still be warm or drop offs. With the front this weekend and rain forecast the bite may pick up. I most likely will be out on Sunday looking for that ever so elusive monster that has been following me and laughing. Good luck and good fishing. Jeff

2. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Finally got a castnet this week. The wife and I are hitting up Macintosh by the house this weekend if it doesn't rain us out. Thanks for the update Jeff.

3. cueball149

cueball149 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Do you think the shad are back by the docks yet?

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    look for the shad poping and cast your net over that area, I have found shad around the dock all year long but the numbers may vary, Look along the wall and wait to see if they break water then make a side cast with your net having the weights hit half the wall and other half in the water.