Oak Hollow Trip w/ the Wife

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by sqlhawkn, Aug 25, 2008.

1. sqlhawkn

sqlhawkn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    We meet up with Jeff Fowler on Sunday. It was the first time my wife has ever been catfishing. Boy - did she show me how it is done! She managed to catch 2x more cats than me. The weather couldn't have been better! We had a great time with Jeff and look forward to going again.

Jeff was a fantastic host/guide. He explained how to catch bait on Oak Hollow, how to fish for the cats and did everything for us.....baited the lines/casting/unhooking the fish. Heck - he even filleted the fish for me to take home.

Thanks Jeff for the great fishing trip! Next time---I get to sit in the back of the boat (thats where my wife was at).

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you had a great trip, congrats and good luck in the future

3. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    LOL SO DID SHE CATCH 2? HAHA

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Glad you had a good time i will be posting up some pics later with a report, and ncfowler is my screen name but thanks anyway. It was great to have on board my boat ez-drifting and I had a great time with both of you I'm glad you both had fun too bad you had to leave i was ready to stay a few hours more.

5. sqlhawkn

sqlhawkn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My wife ended up with 6 channel cats that all weighed around 4lbs. Sure does help my case wanting to buy a boat!