Oak Hollow sunday

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ncfowler, Apr 15, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i got out sunday for a little while, getting bait was dificult at best. But, i got a few shad, While i was casting for shad, BOC's Natethegreat. called me on the cell to tell me that he got bout 2 doz shad right off the dock, Just my luck. Well i did a drift along the dam with no luck, When Nate got off work i took him out (around 1pm) and hit the shallow waters 8'-15' were the action did pick up, not much just enough to keep me awake. I did get a 13.6lb channel and had other hits. The lake is just not producing like it should be. I think it is due to the weather we are having. the water temp was 56 at the surface. still no shad in the bubbles, but they should be showing up soon with the water warming up.

2. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Well at least ya didnt get skunked Jeff. Matt said he went out yesterday @ Badin and got squashed. Hope it picks up soon. Might lay outta work 2moro and go fishin.

3. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Sounds like an okay day. I would have been happy to catch that 13 pounder on the bank. Saturday was great for me though. the bank was full of action all day. No feed in the feeders and i was still catching fish one after another with albert. Anyways good report. Hope your fishing gets better.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sounds like a good day and congrats on catching some shad