Oak Hollow Sunday 6/29/08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ncfowler, Jun 29, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    What a great morning you could not have asked for a better weather. I got out early and did a little trolling for stripes, while going for bait. i was able to boat a total of 6 little one in the 2-4lb range. After i got bait i decided to try some places i use to fish when i first started to fish the lake. The bite was on I had all day action. the longest time between bites was maybe 15min. I boated cats from 9lbs down to dinks. I had one hits so hard it snapped my line at the hook. I also had one i could not get to the boat I had it under the boat for 15 min and could not get up far enough to net. The line had enough and broke where it was rubbing at the mouth, the line looked like it was ran through a sander. I'm thinking about using coated steel leaders next time.:eek:oooh: The lake was pretty much open with only a few boats out.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a nice time to go fishing congrats on your trip.

3. Thenutslanded

Thenutslanded New Member

State:
    Archdale, North Carolina
    WOOHOO man im glad to hear that kind of action goin on here at the home lake looks like im gonna make some plans to get out there this weekin early on the 4th and try my luck from the bank so were would be a good place to go fish from the bank i dont really want to hit a spot were a bunch of people are so any advise would be great

Daniel

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Oak Hollow only allows bankfishing in one area, The marina, over to the camp grounds, which i too bad because there are tons of spots that would look good if you were allowed to fish from the bank. Ask nate at the marina if he is working he fishes the bank when he i waiting to start his shift. bait of choice would be shad, you can get then almost anywhere using a cast net, try at the last ramp next to the wall i get shad there almost all year long.

5. Thenutslanded

Thenutslanded New Member

State:
    Archdale, North Carolina
    what time does nate uselly start his shift there? the lake is like 10 mins away and i could go over there talk to him sometime this week and that would help me with making my mind up on were to go fishin this weekin as of right now it looks like oak hollow on the 4th and high rock on the 5th

Daniel