Oak Hollow Sat Aug 16,08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ncfowler, Aug 17, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Saturday the 16 on Oak Hollow turned out to be a good day, The Tournament turned out to be a bust once again, no one turned out. I launched my boat and went fishing. After getting my bait i did a drift and got a hook up right off the bat a nice 5lb 6oz Channel followed by sever others in the 4 lb range, i fished form 8 am to 11:30 am with hook ups almost every 10 min. I was going to go out today Sunday but decided to sleep in and relax.

2. fishnstik

fishnstik New Member

State:
    nc
    nice talking to you jeff ,my son and i will try to make the next one. thanks for showing me your drift rig.

3. lunatics

lunatics New Member

State:
    NC
    where is this place oak hollow at? i have got to try this place out since its seems so good for catfishing.....

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Oak Hollow is located in High Point N.C. the lake is our city own lake is open form 7am to 8pm most nights, Launch fees are $5.00 during the week and $6.00 weekends.the lake holds some good catfishing mostly channels but i have got some blues and whites. It also holds highbreads and bass. This is not a large lake but it will produce some good cats if you take your time and get to know the lake. Any place you fish you will get something, I found that drift fishing is more productive for me there is not alot of cover and structure to hold the fish so they are always on the move, If you get a hook up redrift that area since the cats tend to school. good luck

5. lunatics

lunatics New Member

State:
    NC
    can you fish from the bank? cause i aint got no boat yet so all my fishing will be from the bank, plus i will be taking my sons with me also to have a good time before they go to skool. can you give me the direction there or the address to the lake? i will be coming from kannapolis. thanks in advance........ricky