oak hollow sat 5/17/08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ncfowler, May 20, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Saturday was our first catfish tournament, I was hoping for a bigger turn out but i thank all who enter. I enter my son and his friend austin to round off the count. The bite was slow and the big cats were hard to find. the deep holes produced small cats, The shallows seam to be the ticket. BOC's natethegreate gave me a report from the lake yesterday and told me that some bigger cat were being caught. This may be a sign the cats are moving back to deeper waters. fishing the drop off and flats should be productive. Shad are comming back into the bubbles but you need to find which pod there in. I got all my shad right off the ramp and around the walls. shad are also in the shallow as well. My son and austin got a large bowfin and several nice cats, no monsters.

2. dhjunkie

dhjunkie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Did you use a cast net?

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    yea i used a cast net, just be warned there are trees sunk at the wall so you may get hung up if you don't watch out. You can ask nate at the office to show you where to get shad i'm sure he will be more than happy to help you out. saturday the shad were a foot off the water line schooling in the rocks and ramp area. early in the morning is the best time to get them look around the docks and ramps as the day proceeds go deeper off the wall.

4. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina

Even though there were not alot of other people in the tournament, i still had a lot of fun. My thanks to you and Nate for setting the tournament up.

5. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I am coming back slowly from my ruptured Achilles tendon. I have been in physical therapy for a week now and I am walking and balancing better. Don't catch all the fish I will be back out in a week or so if I continue to improve.

:eek:oooh:

6. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    yeah if any one needs help getting bait just let me know im usually at work after school and on the weekends i justy be able to help also riddle i hope ur theorpy continues rapidly with succes and also im going out tonight ill let yall know how i do i ve found some descent new areas im going to try well wish me luck till next time good fishing

7. dhjunkie

dhjunkie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Tight Lines tonight nate.

8. Bigbaldcountryboy

Bigbaldcountryboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good luck David,I broke one back in '93 and it wasn't fun. They cut me from my heel to my chalf and I was a year or better before I was back to normal. Again, good and speedy recovery bro!!!

9. Bigbaldcountryboy

Bigbaldcountryboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Your probably right , here in LKN they are moving back to deeper water. I had a blast when they were shallow catching over 125 fish in 2 weeks, but the shallow bite is pretty much over.