Oak Hollow CatFishing Torunament Reminder

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by ncfowler, Jul 12, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
  2. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    How did the tournament go?

I was going to attend but at the last minute I got a chance to fish in a stocked channel cat lake owned by a guy down south of Greensboro. We were sitting in chairs on a covered pier fishing with shrimp and catching 4 to 8 LB channels every 4 or 5 minutes. I know it sounds bad but I got so bored catching them I broke out the fly rod and hleped the guy thin out some of the hundreds of bluegill and brim in his pond.

:wink:

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    well you would have been the only one to show up besides me, I can't get it I am posting signs up all over the place, Well maybe next month we will have better outcome. Come on people here in the Highpoint area and lets get this tournament going, If you think that Oak Hollow is small beans think again, It may not hold some of the monsters we see from the yakin chain but it does have some nice size cats and it takes a some skill to get them. Some of you that have fished Oak Hollow with me and on your own knows that this lake will tax your skills. Lets see the metal your made of and show up next month, I would like to see a good boc turnout to show the locals what it means to go catfishing. Riddle knows what this lake can produce and how it can fustrate you at times.