oak hollow a not bad

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ncfowler, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    well today i was out with my bud Chuck and met up with BOC member Natethegreat, Thanks nate for giving us some live shad. Bait was difficult for me today could mark them but the net just could find its mark. Fishing was slow for us we only were able to get 5 cats total, ranging form 5lbs to 14lbs,

Attached Files:

2. razorback

razorback New Member

State:
    Camp Lejeune, N.C.
    Better than I did Sunday. Two chain pickerel and a gar!:eek:oooh:

3. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Sounds Like a good day. Wanted to come out with nate yesterday but had to do chores around the house. But anyways nice pics and report.

4. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Looks like that hole is still paying off.

Nice fish.

:smile2:

5. archisands

archisands New Member

State:
    North Carolina / Virginia
    Grew up in hp, but don't remember ever fishing @ oak hollow. Is it a good fishery? Visit family down there from time to time, might have to check it out.

6. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    well that hole was not as good a most times we got our fish drifting past the powerlines deeper in that leg of the lake, I think that the cats are now starting to move down to the shallow area, we got some good ones as we passed the under ground pipe, water temp at the hole was 47 surface when we were at the end of the drift it was up around 51 surface, the white bass are becomming active to so they will pick your bait to death if you don't watch. The bigger cats were caught on live shad using a thread method, good luck maybe i'll see you all on the lake this weekend. Jeff

7. archisands

archisands New Member

State:
    North Carolina / Virginia
    Any trophy fish? You might just see me down there sometime soon. I spoke with my brother in law, or otherwise known as only person who understands my fishing obsession, and we've agreed to check it out soon. Thanks.