Oak Hollow 9/30/08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ncfowler, Sep 20, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Today was the last tournament for the season, no one showed up again so my bud Chuck and I went out fishing. The day was cool to start with a brisk breeze. Shad are still in the bubbles so bait was easy to get, We had some good drifts which produced some several good cats, we fished 1/2 day and boated some 15 cats most were in the 5lb+ range, the bite was light so you had to keep a eye on your rods, With the rain and cold weather from the last few weeks lower the temp and raised the lake to full pond. It won't be long until the shad will start moving off the bubbles. we caught all our cats in every part of the lake we fished so they are well dispersed. There was several other people fishing for cats as well and the reports were good, Looks like fall fishing will produce some good cats. I know there are some large cats to be had and with the cooler weather you might just find one in the shallows feeding in early morning or early evening, too bad the lake close early I Know that if we were allowed to fish at night we could produce some monster cats. The new marina office is looking good and looks like it will be open for the winter tournament which will start in February.

2. sqlhawkn

sqlhawkn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hate I had to miss some good fishin! Sonds like you caught some nice ones though!

3. Rob S

Rob S New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the report Jeff