Oak Hollow 9-23-08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cueball149, Sep 24, 2008.

1. cueball149

cueball149 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I thought about getting a refund from the boat launch after I saw the white caps, but I figure it was a good test for my canoe. My canoe held up, but the catfish wasn't biting. I caught 3 little ones but loaded up on white perch and crappie. They seems to like bad weather.

2. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    you are one crazzy guy to take the canoe on the lake with white caps, too bad to hear that you only got some small ones but hey at least you got some. I was talking to another regular catfishing peson at the lake and he said that he was getting some in the coves next time when the weather is bad check out the coves the ones across form the marina to the right was were he was at, at least you will have protected cover form the wind,

3. cueball149

cueball149 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I forgot to post the big catch of the day. I caught a nice rod and reel combo along with a nice lure from the bottom of the lake. Everything looks like it still works, but cover in lake scum. If you lost a rod overboard recently at Oak Hollow, decribe it and I will gladly return it to you.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrat on what I bet was and exciting adventure!

5. cueball149

cueball149 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Got all of the lake scum off the reel inside and out and it works like new. I don't know how long it has been at the bottom of the lake, but it was crusted up pretty good.

6. dozer15

dozer15 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds like a good catch a free rod and reel can't beat that.

7. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    over the years i have fished i have got a few rod and reels, nets, one time a anchor line and anchor attached to it, waiting to get the big one though a row boat or something like that, a few years ago several lakes dired up and some friends went out walking and found motors, props, rods and reels, lures and tons of other things, you never know what lurks under that water

8. cueball149

cueball149 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Don't forget about the big $10 lure that snag my line.