Oak Hollow 7-26-08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cueball149, Jul 26, 2008.

1. cueball149

cueball149 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Got off to a late start and the fishing was real slow. It didn't pick up until after 1:30 pm. Caught about 9 small channels, nothing to brag about. Lots of small shad everywhere.

2. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Are there only channels in Oak Hollow? Any big fish get pulled out of those waters??

3. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Channels, blues and the occasional flat.

Biggest I have seen was in the 12 lb range.

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    This weekend i am in the great town of Ashville at the Bell Share festival, and spending the night in Black Mountain. So............... this weekend i will not be on the lake. Are there some good cats on the lake, What do you consider good, I can at most times get into some in the 5lb+ range with some even larger. Like any other lake you need to do some fishing and trial and error. There are some spots that are great. While others take some real fishing. I have got cats all over the lakes. the biggest that we boated was in the 17lb range. There must be some bigger cats there just form the age of the lake and stories i heard from people who use to fish the lake years back. The quest to find the big cats on Oak Hollow continues. I met a guy last week while waiting for the lake to open and gave him some tips and a few of my drift weights, he called me later that night and said he got a cat around 25lbs. Go figure He told me where he got it and i fished that area and picked up a nice 10lb blue. there out there so don't give up.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like a good trip, thanks for the report

Welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people