Oak Hollow 5/3/08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ncfowler, May 4, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Got out over the weekend, bait was easy to get right off the dock. we got some nice channels from 5lbs to 13.6lbs, the wind was brisk to say the least, on saturday, it calm down for sunday. don't forget your sunblock. i got a nice burn on saturday. A note: Oak Hollow has started its building project so when you go there you need to go to the trailor to sign in and to access the ramp you will need to go in the exit side. The project will be most of the summer and into the fall from what i was told. the cats are still hitting light but they are starting to pick up, water temp was around 64 surface temp. Right now the best action is in the morning. We had all our action from 7:30 to 10 am with some good hits form them on.

Attached Files:

2. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Thats a good lookin channel Jeff.. Glad you guys had a good weekend.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats a nice looking channel catfish congrats on your catches this weekend im glad to hear that you caught your self some fish, good luck from here on out and I wish you luck on the rest of your fishing trips.

4. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    congrats on the fish not so lucky here on n.e.capefear 1 channel in 2 days

5. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Way to go Jeff! I fished highrock this evening and didnt catch nothing...notta! I guess thats why I forgot the camera....

~Teddy

6. Carp King

Carp King New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Good job jeff. I will have to agree that the bite must be better in the morning because we wernt getting bite worth nothing during the evening drift. Shad are in the aerators again to, so finding bait shouldnt be to much of a problem. See you on the water.:wink:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some good fishing, congrats.

8. dhjunkie

dhjunkie New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice fish there Jeff.