Oak Hollow 4th weekend so far

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ncfowler, Jul 5, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    so far this weekend has been good for catfishing at the lake, the shad are now schooling ever where, I had a some people i took out and we did well check out my post in the guide fourm.http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1103651#post1103651
    the bite is on big-time, cats are all over the place. I would say if you are here in the High point area and want to do some catfishing the lake is a sure bet. Save some gas and stay local. the traffic on the lake has been light to say the least. Sunday i will be fishing with my friend Chuck and maybe we can get into more monster channels, Well all have a safe weekend. Jeff

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice to hear that there is at least somewhere you can fish during the holiday weekend without getting swamped!

3. deepwoods

deepwoods Member

State:
    north carolina
    I would be interested in fishing Oak Hollow. I normally fish Norman but the drive would be shorter and there would be less 14 year olds on jet skis. Can you make a suggestion on places to fish and to catch bait (shad)?

Jeff