o-v-e-r-a-t-e-d!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by baitchunker, Jan 8, 2008.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    sorry buckeyes, you lose!!! its not your fault, its not the players fault, its not the coaching staff.... its the conference.

sec 6-2 in bowl games this year. national champions... again.

better luck next year. at least you have a team full of jr.'s.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Totally agree.If you want to continue to come out second best ,keep playing Kent State,Akron and Youngstown State.Non conference games may be good for coaches and teams egos,not to mention won /lost records,but to be a National champion sterner stuff is needed.I guess I should include Notre Dame on that list of non conference patsies!!!!!!!!!:smile2::wink::crazy:

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    as an auburn fan, i still remember the bitter taste of watching my 04' undefeated team sit on the sidelines for the nc that year. we beat 4 top 10 schools that year BUT, our non conference schedule was weak. we learned our lesson.
    the only reason the sec schools are not all undefeated is because we have to play each other. any given sat. auburn can beat florida-lsu can beat tenn. kentucky can beat lsu. etc. etc.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I cant belive that we are going to get into this again, Lets look who LSU played

Mississippi State - Non Confrence - I bet that was a nail biter LOL
    Middle Tenn - Non Confrence - Another nail biter
    Tulane - Non Confrence

So thats 3 non confrence that I can see where LSU boosted thier stats. Hey I give them all props today they played better. That being said every team playes "patsies" not just OSU.

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    ok. every team plays patsies. but, how many patsies are in your conference? c'mon. #1 defense in America gives up 31 unanswered.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey I will agree they played lousy but to get into the non conf BS is BS to me at least thats what I was pretty much trying to say. If they would have played like the did pretty much all year the game would have different, they may still have lost but the score and stats would have been much different.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeah, the buckeyes lost. but, i wouldn't say they shouldn't have been there.. they have a quality team including defense. and by the way baitchunk......why you speaking up now... there has been smack talk going on for a month now before the game... would be someone out there that would wait for the outcome to voice his opinion...lol...rollo

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think Ohio State looked better in their bowl game than Oklahoma. After all, not many picked tOSU to win, but just about everyone had picked Oklahoma. The thing that surprised me is that they did score.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Being an LSU Fan I loved the game!!! IMO, they had the 2 best teams there and the best team won. It would have been a lot closer if OSU hadn't made so many stupid penalties and TACKLE!!!

10. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    lmao! allright rollo ya got me. truth be told im not an lsu fan. as i just stated in above post. i am an auburn fan. my point was more about the gap between conferences. not really the non-conference schedules, as much as who is going to challenge you within your own conference? all i am saying is that the level of competition in the sec is unquestionably the toughest in the land.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you have a point, however.. penaltys hurt OSU last night. they wouldn't have won the game either way, but if the final score would have been a touchdown closer, would you still think there there is that much of a seperation? i thought both teams looked talented and evenly skilled. LSU played better down the stretch, but not being partial...OSU did compete...rollo

12. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro

John, I have to respectfully disagree. I think that Georgia should have been there. I know that we are all entitled to our opinions, but I can't see OSU being better than 4th behind LSU, Georgia, and USC. The BCS is what it is and we have to live with it. Congratulations LSU!

P.S. Congratulations Appalachian State for winning their 3rd. national SOCON championship (Through a playoff system).

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The reason why the Big Ten cannot hang with teams like LSU is they cannot defend against the spread offense.

Kudos for LSU for studying the gametape from the Illinois/Ohio State game. It showed them the weakness in the Buckeye defense.

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Hey baitchunker,

Is this the year of the caucasian running back? First Owen Schmitt and last night's Jacob Hester.

How would those too do if they played in the same backfield?

15. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    lol! good question. hester runs like he wants to get hit. big owen, that guy just wants to hit you. the funny thing is, i hardly ever see white runnin backs in high school anymore, much less college.

am i crazy or is wvu on auburns schedule next year? that would be a tuff game for me. pat white is from my hometown.

16. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ohio ST. very much deserved to be there. I think the SEC is the toughest conference from top to bottom but the top teams from all the conferences match up pretty good. Who woulda thought Michigan, with a lame-duck coach, would beat Florida that easy. Yea I know the final score was close but I watched the game:wink:. As an LSU fan, the thing that impressed me the most about Ohio St. is the fact they went undefeated in conference play 2 years straight. Quite an accomplishment for any conference but more impressive in a major conference and yes, the Big 10 is a major conference.

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its all good. If we all liked the same teams and picked the same these threads wouldn't be any fun at all...:confused2::wink::smile2:
    I do agree about the BCS...Until they make it a playoff system or something else who knows???
    I'm just happy LSU won!!!:wink::big_smile:

18. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Don't believe OSU went undefeated in their conference this year. Don't know if they snuck in a back door or not, but kinda think they did. Point is, they were still in the game. Did I read the new AP poll right.... Big 12 had 4 teams in the Top 10... Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. Not bad for the top 10 and such an underated conference that can't hold a candle to the SEC.

19. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    You are correct they lost to Illinois. I really wouldnt call it backdooring for them they were in 3rd with the Big 10 championship and 1 & 2 lost moving them up. LSU on the other hand was 7th I think and they moved all the way to 2nd. Really it doesnt matter now since the game is over and LSU beat my Bucks :sad2:.

20. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Your right Gary. The way my sooners played, I just cannot talk trash to anyone. LOL. But, I doubt I would anyhow... there are just too many ways for a team to loose, and whatever you say has a tendancy to come back and chomp your behind. Now with Texas fans, that is a different story... they live right in my back yard.