O.U. vs. Florida

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by Guido, Jan 4, 2009.

Who will win the National Championship

1. O.U.

2. Gators

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Guido

Guido New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm thinking the Sooners are going to be National Champs. It's going to be a very good game but I don't think Florida has faced a defense like Oklahoma's. But also I think that Florida's offense is good. It might come down to the wire.
    BOOMER SOONER !!!!!!!!!!

2. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    check the stats ou defense isnt even in the top 40 in scoring. floridas defense is in the top ten in total and scoring. for that matter the big twelve south doesnt have a team whos defense is in the top 40:roll_eyes:. so far the acclaimed big 12 offenses havent fared so good in the bowls. im not a gator fan by any means im georgia to the core but when i look at the matchup i think florida will take 2 of the 3 phases(offense,defens,special teams) both teams can score but floridas d and special teams are much better. ok better figure out how to tackle people on kicks because thats one of floridas strengths. should be a great game regardless.

4. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I think OU will win. I don't think stats mean that much. I just like the way OU is able to score 60 some points a lot. I'm not saying Florida does not have a good "D" or a good "O". It's just that OU seems to get a lot of points on both sides of the ball, and most of the times its enough points to win, and I think thats what will happen in this game too.

5. CatfishAngler25

CatfishAngler25 New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg,Kentucky
    Im for the Florida Gators SEC all the way.

6. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    florida did a pretty good job scoring alot of points on much better defense's. not to mention florida scores alot on special teams which ok doesnt do to good of a job defending. personally i dont think there will be as many points scored as alot of people. ok scores alot but on what kinda of defense's?

7. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    actually your right FLA has faced 6 sec defenses that rank in the top 30 and OU is ranked number 1 in offense but FLA is 3 and in the top 25 in punting and number 2 in returns behind bama. so as an average FLA has much better numbers and also played alot stiffer competition- by the numbers!! BUT im not counting OU out because i do know they are special on offense!! we will just have to see now if its because of the defenses they have played

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    One of the advantages of age is wisdom. I am going to wait until Friday to announce my predictions. LOL

9. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I've gotta pick the Gators. OU definitely could win the game, but my money would be on FL. Other Big-12 South teams (TX, TX Tech, and OK St.) haven't looked good in bowl games, whereas other SEC East teams are 3-1 in bowls with big upset wins by KY and Vandy. Unless FL plays sloppy and turns the ball over, I think they have the edge in this game.

10. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Defenses look best when they keep the opposing offenses in predictable situations. If the Sooners can contain Florida's running game or get ahead a couple TD's and pressure Tebow like they did Harrel and Robinson, they have a helluva shot. Conversely, if Oklahoma cant move the ball as easily as they have their last 3 games, and Florida's running game seems like something they aint seen lately, it might get nasty. I agree with Bumper and pick Florida to win it but it wont hurt my feelings at all if the Sooners win this. I love college ball and want to see a great game. Just cant bring myself to pull for the Gators. LOL!

11. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When a big 12 team can score 50-60 points a game, your defense does not have to score....:smile2:

12. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah lets not forget Alabama, and their close game with Utah, how long were they number one?

13. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Florida is probably the best team OU has faced out of conference since USC. OU will need to tackle well against these track stars that Florida has on offense. I think this game will come down to OU's offensive/defensive line play, if they play well OU will win, if they get dominated by Florida's front it will be a long game for OU. I think the lines will play well and OU will pull out the win and add an eighth NC title to the trophy case.

14. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    thats what ok state and texas tech thought:roll_eyes:

15. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Tim Tebow will get his wish..... you know, the one where he "couldn't wait to face a big 12 defense." And there's a few fellas on the OU defense who will love to meet him. I can't wait to see it. Talk talk talk talk talk.

I ain't gonna wait til Friday to make a prediction. I say OU 48 Fla 17. After Tebow gets knocked out of the game (I'm tryin' to tell ya, he shoulda kept his trap shut), I think Florida will fold like a cheap chair. Florida will score a field goal, and their speed on returns will score 2 touchdowns. Ou's defense is terrible, they can't cover kicks, florida is terrific in every aspect, the sec has all the speed, the big 12 is overrated, Florida will dominate special teams and defensively, ou hasn't played anybody good, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Jiminy, I can't wait to see the Sooners kick the ever-livin' crap out of these losers.:smile2:

Aaaahhhhhhhhh..... I feel better. Now, if the sooners get the poop kicked out of them, at least I've done my part to support them.:tounge_out:

16. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I did my fat mouthing when OU played LSU. Didn't learn from that one, so did it again with USC. Now, I'm not gonna say a darn thing until maybe Friday, if then. LOL

17. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    is murray playing? i didnt think he was. if not how much do you think he will be missed, i know theres plenty of talent but he had some crazy numbers catching and rushing. also do you think the health of harvin will play a role? just wondering what yall though, there been alot of trash talk:smile2: but seriously i think it will be a hell of a game. both teams are loaded thats why i was wondering about the key players.

18. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    ou may score alot of points but what defense have they scored on? none as good as the one they facing thurs. they may have a good offense but so does alot of teams out that way but when you play alot of teams with no defense it makes those offenses look alot better that they really are. the way florida has been playing since they got upset I really dont think anyone can match up to them. I was hoping alabama would have slowed them down but that didnt happen and I dont think ou will either. wish someone would though cause I get tired of hearing tebo tebo tebo it gets old after awhile.

19. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    either way i just hope its a better game than what we have seen the last two years!! :wink::smile2:

20. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'll second that cuz after tonite we'll have to wait another 8 months for some more good ole college ball. Maybe I can get some fishing in during the offseason.