O.H. Ivie

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by turkey buzzard, Jan 14, 2008.

1. turkey buzzard

turkey buzzard New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg,Texas
    I posted a couple a weeks ago about purchasing a new boat well I got tired of looking and bought the 18' foot center console Alumna-craft boat. Went to Ivie for the maiden run and slammed the fish. We caught 3-Bluecats over 20, 1-over 30, a 41lb, 45lb, 48lb, and a 58lb. A picture of the 58 pounder will be posted if I can learn how to do it. It might be easier to e-mail it and let someone else to do it. In the two nights we were out we also caught 100 Crappie and white bass. Boat handled well in the one to two foot choppie water.:roll_eyes:

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    congrats on a good trip top Ivie. that is a big lake with lots of good deep structure and bottom changes. So much in fact that i have a hard time keeping the bait outta the 3lber's mouths.

3. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Carl,
    You can email them to me and I'll post them for you.

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i didn't realize the fishing was that good in west texas. how good is the fishing there in the summer when it gets hot? i plan on going back to san angelo around sept. but may go sooner if the fishing is good in the summer.

5. turkey buzzard

turkey buzzard New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg,Texas
    The fishing in hot weather is horrible you really half to fight off the gar. The hydrilla is really bad also. We have had some luch up the Concho river fishing the flats.
    I was up grape creek checking my lines. I was in proably 10 to 15 feet of water and had small water ducks, Cormorants all around me. Saw two small walls of water go my boat as I was watching saw one of the cormorants disappear as it got slurpped up by what I assume to be a big catfish. Wish I had a video of that one.