O.H. Ivie

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by turkey buzzard, Jan 20, 2009.

1. turkey buzzard

turkey buzzard New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg,Texas
    Was at O.H. Ivie this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we had 87 hooks in the water using perch for bait. Caught 5 fish in three days 4 small channels and a 44 pound blue. Couldn't believe it!!! It's the worst fishing I've ever had. We fished shallow water and deep, we fished ledges and drop offs nothing was biting or looking to bite.

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    where were u fishing on ivie for that blue?
    i graphed some good fish out on a deep poing (40') close to Kenedy park.
    Also saw some really good fish where the river dumps in
    this was all last yr, and i tried to catch some blues this summer but too much hydrilla

3. iviecatman

iviecatman New Member

State:
    texas
    fishing is not very consistant on ivie right now. I had 22 fish including one at 46 around 10 days ago. Then four fish with the biggest around 4 lbs. Next trip 10 fish including 48 and 33 lb. Back to bad with 5 fish, the biggest at 23. These trips all with 10 days. The fish are in really good shape right now. The channel cats are delicious out of the cold water. If I lived in Fredericksburg I would always drive to Choke Canyon unless I had family in this area. Lake Ivie is not what it used to be although I have heard that their were lots of small blues caught last summer on rod and reel. I made it to the water late Saturday after I finished coaching a basketball tournament. I suppose those were your jugs around the island with all the coots around it. Better luck next time. I hope to take a trip to Choke this spring, nothing like spring time in south Texas.

4. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    So what ya'll are telling me is that there are some fish in those big waters. As I posted before I was trying to get down there to visit some family next month but the USMC has different plans for me so I won't get down there till the summer. Sure would like to get the wheres and hows and maybe a get to gether some whisker fishing.

5. turkey buzzard

turkey buzzard New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg,Texas
    Let me know when you get back Lone Star and I will hook you up!!!
    WE were fishing the island and flat anywhere from 20 feet all the way to 10 feet. Entance to Grape Creek and Turkey Flats etc. The point across from Kenedy Park. And the island to the left of Concho Park. The Crappoe were the most fun 15 1/2" in length.