NY Catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW YORK TALK' started by ramon06, Aug 24, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    May be moving to NY in the next couple months, I love to catfish, but by looking in the NY section im assuming there either arent many catfish or you guys are too busy to get online and share the wealth. Which one is it, I'd hate to put off catfishing for 2 years. I'll be stationed at Fort Drum, NY, any advice for the area would be highly appreciated

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Not in the area there but I'm sure someone will post up for you.

3. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    You have the same problem I do brother. It's off to another state as it is hard to find catfishermen around here. There are some good places but you have to travel quite aways.

4. FISH PIMP

FISH PIMP New Member

State:
    Cross Junction, VA
    Good luck at Fort Drum!! Go ahead and buy yourself a nice Salmon/Steelhead set up. Your not to far from the Salmon River in Pulaski New York. The Salmon season is getting ready to take off and the Steelhead fishing is awesome during the winter months. I moved from upstate New York a few years ago to Virginia and fell in love with the catfishing Virginia offers. I didn't do a lot of catfishing in New York but the best spot that I know of is in the southern end of Lake Champlain (a bit of drive from Fort Drum). Its not uncommon to catch 20 lb channel cats out of there. You will have a lot of great fishing opportunities out that way (1000 Islands & Great Lakes). Hope you like the cold!!!! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Pete

5. Handliner

Handliner New Member

State:
    New York
    Lake Champlain and the Hudson river