NWTF Convention

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Bubbahunter, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Bubbahunter

Bubbahunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone planning on attending this convention? We went 3 years ago when it was in memphis.It`s a great time .I won`t be able to attend this year but if anyone goes please take some pictures and post them here.There are alot of things there for the whole family.I took my wife and she loved it,lots of crafts and things for the kids.

Rob

2. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I'll be in Nashville for the show. I'll be wearing my Hook's Custom Calls shirt with my name on it. I've got a major beard, so it shouldn't be hard to locate me. LOL!!!!!!!!! God bless.

3. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    assasin you takin after the duck commander?

4. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    LOL!!!!!!!! Yeah, the ol' beard is a growin'. LOL!!!!!!! God bless.

5. Bubbahunter

Bubbahunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ok guys lets hear it ,how was the show? Were there any good deals and who did ya meet there? pictures would be great if anyone has any.And i just seen where i posted it to be in memphis....sorry i ment Nashville.

Rob

6. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Didn't take any pictures, but got to see and chat with alot of different people, most of whom I've been friends with for some time(Chris Parrish, Billy Yargus, Roger Farrar, David Metcalf, Walter Parrott, Matt Van Cise, Sadler McGraw, Jim Pollard, Brad Taylor, Mike Pentecost, Doug Crabtree, Michael Waddell, John Tate, Mike Ridings, Ernie Calandrelie, Mark Drury, Terry Drury, Don Shipp, Larry Shockey, Bryan Ross, Paul Butski, Ray Eye, Matt Morrett, Steve Cobb, Mark Prudhomme, Mitchell Johnston, Daymon Davis, Chris Kirby and I'm sure I'm missing some more I can't remember off the top of my head. LOL!!!!!!!). It was a great contest and one I'd recommend to anyone who loves turkey hunting as much as I do. I'm telling you what, I heard the greatest turkey calling I've ever heard and then I got to hear PURE turkey, when in the two man contest the Gulvas brothers totally BLEW me away!!!!!!!!!! These two sound EXACTLY like turkeys when they called!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable how well they sound. Their dad, Denny Gulvas, is one of the greatest turkey callers of all time. If anyone isn't familiar with him, you need to get his videos!!!!!!! He has 4 of them, and you can get them from Midwest Turkey Call Supply. They are as good as turkey hunting calling/instructions get!!!!!!!!! God bless.

7. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    dang you got to talk to all them people, that is amazing. Those men are the best there is when it comes to turkey hunting. I need to go to one of these things sometimes, i have only met one really famous turkey hunter and that was Alex Rutledge, he is a great guy. Sounded like a great time.

8. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Yes it was. A great time. I've hunted with Chris Parrish, Billy Yargus, Roger Farrar, Joe Blomes, Terry Dowden, Randy Smith, Don Shipp, Larry Shockey, Roger Hook and Daymon Davis just to name a few. Some great turkey talking with these guys to tell you the least. LOL!!!!!!! I've watched a few turkeys die while in the presence of these men. I've filmed all of them killing birds, with the exception of Chris Parrish, and had some great times in the woods. If I had to pick my favorites to hunt with, it would be too hard to pick just one!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! They all have the desire and drive just like I do to hunt turkeys and probably love it as much as I do, but I just can't imagine it. LOL!!!!!!!! I will be hunting with Roger Farrar, David Metcalf, Don Shipp, Larry Shockey, Bryan Ross and Daymon Davis some this year, more so with Don Shipp and Larry Shockey. We'll be filming a grand slam for the video with Don Shipp this season. Hopefully we can get that taken care of. It's off to Florida on the 17th to start turkey season for me officially. I can't wait. I wanted to start today in Hawaii, but no one could go with me. Maybe next season. Oh, they're starting to break up and gobble good here in Missouri. God bless.