NW Florida Gathering

Discussion in 'FLORIDA RIVERS TALK' started by bigmaac73, Dec 2, 2008.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    I was just wondering if there would be enough people that would want to go to put together a gathering this upcomming year. Probably spring. Dont know where yet or any details I was just trying to see if it would be worth putting one together to get out and meet each other and share some ideas, cold beer, and fresh fish.

2. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    ANYBODY??????

3. roger_syclone

roger_syclone New Member

State:
    mosinee,Wi
    What part of florida you thinking about ?
    I am in central florida .

4. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    I was thinking about in the area of choctawhatchee or apalachacola rivers. Probably somewhere by pensicola to destin. If anyone is interested let me know.

5. GreenF350

GreenF350 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I know this is my first post, but I am in Baker and would be interested. It doesn't look like there are too many people up in the western panhandle though.
    -Aaron

6. weinerdog

weinerdog New Member

State:
    Florida
    There are a few of in the panhandle!

Most don't seem to post online though......

7. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

State:
    from Us NY live in Cnt FL
    hell yeah dude! I'm from central florida. My name is matt nolan and I know fellow brother matt slayton and his wife would be interested in it too! Just try to give us some time to get our schedules straight. Maybe a long weekend like a friday through sunday deal. Me and slayton have been wanting to fish the escambia river for quite some time now. let me know what your thinking.

8. aslayton

aslayton New Member

State:
    Florida
    I agree with Matt77, let us know when and try to give like a few weeks advance notice so they we can plan it all out1 I think that would be so cool! Keep In Touch man.

9. m slayton

m slayton New Member

State:
    florida
    i am game also to any central floridians its a 3-4 hour drive if not more to escambia river and sane or longer to apalacacola holy crap how do ya spell it LOL pertty fur drive so tents n grills n what nots are a great idea too. i am likeing the idea alot those waters hold flatheads !!! and blues

10. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Got friends in Holt ....Welcome to the BOC .

11. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

State:
    from Us NY live in Cnt FL
    welcome to the BOC Aaron

12. m slayton

m slayton New Member

State:
    florida
    i think we should gather at a river where there are blues and flat heads <--- imo
    since most uf us central florida people have yet to catch a blue or a flatty and they gets much bigger them our target the channel cat.

i think a few big tents would be plenty since i know i'll be on nightly rod patrol and sleep very little LOL and maybe a few small tents for the farters of the bunch LOL.

a few grills and coolers drinks and gear should be all we need . i have evolved from the paper towel to the t shirt since fish slime is bound to wind up there too.

i think that some one up that way of said gathering spot should locate us a campground or a spot on the river where a couple of tents can be set up also maybe sometime i can get matt77 to take a trip up that way with me so we can do some scouting or pre gathering FISHING :) great post and even if we get 10 people to show up lets still do it or if any one wants to meet up for a trip sometime i'd be down for the drive if i gots the gas and proper expences

13. clint1973

clint1973 New Member

State:
    Florida
    It would be a long trip, but if It was planned in enough advance I'd be game for a gathering in N. FL.