nuisance tags

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by derail, Aug 4, 2008.

1. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Just found out last night my folks were issued 5 game tags to fill during the month of August. Deer have ravaged almost 10 acres of cropland. Wardens gave us 30 days and said if we needed more tags to give 'em a call. Feels like Christmas in August!:0a37:

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I would have been on my way to harvest one after I posted if I were you. LMAO !!!

3. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    i can smell backstraps on the grill already. is it does only? can you hunt them at night where you are on a nuisance permit? either way sounds like some early season fun is gonna take place:wink:

4. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The down side is the heat. If you don't get them cooled pronto they are bad fast.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats awsum,Daryl. Like posted earlier,take the coolers and plenty of ice ,. our pronghorn hunts are on the last wknd of Aug here,I've seen alot of good meat wasted because of not cooling it quick enough.

6. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Not too worry gentlemen, I'm not leavin anything on the ground. Plenty of sharp knives and freezer space.

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    You lucky dog, season starts early.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    had a buddie a couple years ago thats grandpa got 20 of these tags. same deal crop devistation. talk about sweet. why? cause i got an order in quick lol. heres the tags they give in il. plastic ones that attach to leg and have to be cut off once attached. i saved mine so i have records of where the meat comes from in case of an inspection.

he brought me a huge doe. they only ended up with 5. all were to be antlerless only and only shotguns.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great deal! Good luck hunting

10. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Took out first deer on Sunday. Nice doe. One hour in field and had my choice of three. Four more to go.:wink:

11. Team Tripple Fish

Team Tripple Fish New Member

State:
    mid GA
    Just come on down to GA you can kill 10 does and 2 bucks on private land and 2 per wma hunt getting almost as bad as SC

12. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    how many more tags have you filled, you lucky dog, i mean bro?

13. SLIM80

SLIM80 New Member

State:
    alabama
    alabama 3 bucks and 1 doe a day

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Luckily, we can kill as many deer as we want here. Three bucks, but all the does you want. Bonus tags cost $12 for 2 deer, and you can buy all you want.

15. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Illinois is two bucks all year and all the does you want at 15 bucks for a gun tag and 15.50 for bow tags and we need to loose a lot of does in my area im talking probaly 15 or 20 to 1 does to bucks its outrageous and people wonder why the first day im out i shoot a monster doe:smile2:

16. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow. Wish I had a opportunity like that in August/Sept. Ive always wanted a buck in velvet.