Nuese River near New Bern

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by scott1, May 22, 2007.

1. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Did any body go out on the Nuese around New Bern this weekend? If so did you catch any? I am planning on going out for the long weekend and am just wondering how the bite is. Thanks.

2. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    I didnt,but my roomate and her boyfriend did.They caught one nice flat and a small blue.They said they missed a few more also.They werent out very long so i think the bite has been pretty good.They were near spring garden area.

3. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    We fished the landing TJ got his pb 26 pound flat on FRI SAT he got his first rock.

4. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thanks for the replies, I am going to head out this weekend and try my luck.

5. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I'll probably be out there on saturday night if the weather is good.

6. BklynBob

BklynBob New Member

I was wondering what depth y'all are fishing. I have a sailboat and I need 4 feet of water. Sounds like a good way to spend my nights when I go to Havelock.

7. jimbob3445

jimbob3445 New Member

State:
    New Bern, North Carolina
    i bank fish spring garden alot, if any is ever fishing there on the weekend and needs a partner i would be more then interested

8. scott1

scott1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    When fishing for flathead in the Nuese where do you fish. For example do you look for a logjam, a deep hole or just some type of submerged cover? Do you stay shallow at night or find a hole? I am not asking for any one to give up there favorite spot I am just looking for some help in finding a big flathead. Thanks.