Nueces river in Texas

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by fishin-crazy, Mar 28, 2006.

1. fishin-crazy

fishin-crazy New Member

State:
    texas
    Does any body fish the nueces river, or have ever fished there??
    I am new to this website and was wondering if any one was from south texas or close to the nueaces river. That is almost always where i fish (unless i am fishing in salt water). But any way was just wondering if any one fished the same water as me?

2. mrb6747

mrb6747 New Member

State:
    texas
    we fished the river several years ago. put boat in at county park off fm624. pretty much used rod/reel. caught a lot of small channels and appaloosas. most fun was to run up to or in log jams and fish thu the holes. also went down river aND FISHED THE INTAKES. p.s. caught lake record striper at mathis, but if it aint saltwater it aint. ppss the mission rv and the aransas rv are much better esp for giant size alligator gar. call ralph elliott portland phone 643 7351 he knows all. semi ret. guide.

3. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have been fishing the angelina river for about 7 years now.That is connected to the neches river Upstream. i am kinda new to catfishing and i am really just now trying to get started. usually do alot of bass fishing on that river and do great.i am souring some hen scratch in the back yard to try to bait a hole. i live in the buna area

4. bow

bow New Member

State:
    texas
    yes i sure do and ihave really caught some awesome size cats, but right now the river is low ,i think most of the cat fish moved too deeper water and follwed all the bait fish. but you should be able to catch some cats , im from beeville tx the nueces river is about 20 miles away:cool:

5. TxRiverRat

TxRiverRat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey guys, im new to this site..... but my uncle fishes the nueces river near 3 rivers, has caught many catfish, some in the 30's, and during the white bass run has alot of fun, beatiful wildlife around there, including the alligators:crazy: :confused2:

6. NechesBobcat

NechesBobcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have driven over it many times but never fished it. I know a guy though... (Seems familiar)... that has fished it and caught a LOT of nice ops. Many around 40 pounds.