Nucanoe

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by quackingtim, May 9, 2008.

1. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    Any thoughts or info on this craft? It's a cross between a canoe and a SOT.

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I have to be real careful here, Tim, because NuCanoe has received a favorable review from Luke Clayton on Catfish Radio. Now I can't knock anything one of our grand sponsors supports, ya know! :wink:

One point to consider is that they are heavy; incredibly so.

Compare the weight to the Native Ultimate. Native Watercraft makes some great hybrid craft: http://www.nativewatercraft.com/.

3. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    There are dealers for both near me. I know I can test the Nucanoe, but it will be on a pond. I'm wanting this for rivers. Can you give me likes and dislikes for both of them? Will the 20lbs difference in weight make a big change in the way they handle?

4. Ol'Yeller

Ol'Yeller New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have been doing a lot of research and test paddling in the past couple months. I have paddled the NuCanoe, and the Native Ultimate, and I really liked the Native. Nucanoe is pretty sluggish, but very tough. I am sure it could take a real beating. Native is fast, stable, yet maneuverable.
    I ended up going with the OK Big Game just because it suited my needs better, and I am a big guy, however my next boat will be the Native Ultimate.
    By the way the seats in the Native Kayaks are great.

5. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    I also have an OK Big Game equipped with GPS and Fish Finder. Great fishing yak that is very stable. Not real fast but I'm fishin' not racin'

6. Ol'Yeller

Ol'Yeller New Member

State:
    Texas
    So Jerry,
    Did you go with a hummingbird fish finder? I would like to get the GPS / FF combo model. Is the transducer for all Hummingbirds compatible with the Big Game Scupper?