NTA- National Trappers Association

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by yotetrapper, Aug 8, 2007.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey all been real busy and aint been on here for a while. Just got back on Sunday from attending the National Trappers Association annual convention in Goshen Indiana.

Was just wondering how many of you guys here are members of the NTA?

They are a great organization and if your not you might want to consider joining. You get a years magazine subscription with your membership full of good trapping articles as well as information about important legislative issues pertaining to trapping. Groups like HSUS are out to destroy trapping because they know trappers are the smallest group of outdoorsmen and therefore the easiest to target. They have already won battles in several states severely limitting what sort of traps can be used there. Massachusettes and California can no longer use foot hold traps, and I believe there are a few other states as well that can't. If they can outlaw trapping like they hope to do, then they will also try to outlaw hunting and fishing next.

If any of you would want more information on the NTA just shoot me a PM. (and no, I am not anything in the organzation other than a member, LOL).

Thanks for reading, guys!

Angela

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Life member of NTA. great org. fights for trapper rights. and trapping Info.
    Jim

3. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Life member of the NTA here too! Wished I coulda made the national this year, but I was stuck down here in Mexico working!!! Maybe next year......

I'm also a member of our state association. If your a trapper, you really can't afford not to be members. The NTA is leading the battle against the antis, and they can use all the help they can get. They are outmatched when it comes to funds for the legal battles that are being fought all across the nation. Just because it may not be your state going up against HSUS and Peta, that is no reason to not help out. Every time these groups take away trapping rights somewhere, it's just one step closer to banning it everywhere. Without us banning together to stand up for our rights, trapping will be a thing of the past one day.

Good post Angela!!!

4. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was hoping that the post would maybe entice someone to join, that maybe there was someone here that has never even heard of the NTA, but I don't have no takers so far.

5. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

lol... well i am not a member of it but am of my local

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I aint ever joined though I need too, and since I was in traveling const. I let my state membership lax also. I need to cowboy up again :crazy:

7. yotepeeler

yotepeeler New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am a life member as well . Glad to see more on here that are . With the H$U$ merging with so many others they now can do UNLIMITED lobbying . With the funds they drag in every year we need all we can muster . Sad but true is that only about 10% of trappers even bother to join a state or national org .

My wife and I are both looking to get more involved in the workings of both our state as well as the NTA . Someone has to do it as the work doesn't get done on its own .

Next August is the NTA national in Mason City Iowa , please plan to attend . Great deals to be had as well as friends to meet . Caution : Once you go to the first one it cna be as addictuive as trapping , it is more like a family reunion to us now .

Pete