NPT tinkering.

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT-(2), Nov 30, 2009.

1. Figured I would start this thread because I am always tinker and trying to make the NPT a more efficient catfishing machine. Hopefully it will give others ideas or I can get some pointers or ideas from my brothers and sisters here. Thanks for looking.

It is an '89 Mirrocraft, aluminum V-hull with 89' Force 35 Outboard. I picked this up a few years ago and have been very happy with it.

2. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i like it alot!:cool2:f

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    is that a bass?!?! just playin brotha nice boat

4. Thanks guys. I used to have a smaller 14'er and a bigger 19'er. This was the right size in between and fills both duties. Small enough to fish shallows and tight spots, with a very light draft, but strong enough to throw the kids in and go tubing for the day.

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that second picture looks like your being chased by the Cuban coast guard

6. I have made a lot of changes to her over the years. The first thing I did was get a swim platform with built in ladder so the kiddies can get in and out of the boat. The only pic I have is this slimy little punk trying to get in, haha...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
  7. Well, the latest project has been keeping me busy. The floor finally got bad enough that I had to rip it out and relpace it. Wasn't too bad, but the rear floor kind of went under those side pieces about an inch and was a bear to get out, even pulled a back muscle.:angry::embarassed:

8. The red arrows are where the floor was pinched under those side things.:confused2:

The blue arrows are where the stainless stell screws were, which came out nicely! :roll_eyes:

The yellow circles are where there was 3 inch tack nails holding to the middle stringer underneath.:eek:oooh:

9. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    what happened to the anchor winch??

10. Haha, you remember that huh? It's still there. The home made redneck anchor winch.:wink:

Works pretty good, holds 50 ft of 1/4" nylon rop rated at 100 lbs. Use a 25 lb anchor. And 1 1/2 ft of chain. Rope connections are spliced, no knots at all.

11. Also been working on some rod racks for the rear and side of the boat. Finished it off last night. And tested them also!:big_smile:

Started out with a mock up rack just to feel out where I wanted it and how high, etc...made out of lumber.

12. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i was lookin at a quad winch for mine on craigslist but i dont have anywhere to put it.

13. ...then, kicked in the fringe benefit plan to get some aluminum square tubing 2". Perfect. Sat it on there to see how'd she look....

14. That's exactly where I got mine from, my quad. You want to go to Harbor Frieght and pick one up. They are pretty cheap there!:wink:

I would like to move mine down off the top there and under the front deck. Get's a little dangerous for the grapes to be climbing in and out over that thing.....:eek:oooh:

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    your reels are upside down

16. America is upside down right now homie!:embarassed:

17. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    why arent your reels right side up then?

18. :eek:oooh::confused2:

19. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    was your boat upside down before?????:eek:oooh:

20. This thread is upside down now.:sad2::smile2:

I guess ya missed me, so welcome back, and GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!:big_smile::smile2: