Now Thats God

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Aug 28, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    it was one of the hottest days of the dry season.We had not seen rain in almost a month.The crops were dying.Cows had stopped giving milk.The creeks and streams were long gone back into the earth.It was a dry season that would bankrupt several farmers before it was through.
    Every day ,my husband and his brothers would go about trying to get water to the fields.Lately ths process had involved taking a truck to the locol water plant to get water.But severe rationing had cut everyone off.If we didn't get rain soon...we would lose everything.It was on this day that I learned the true lesson of sharing and witnessed the only miricaleI had seen .I was in the kitchen making lunch when I saw my 6 yr old son walk towards the woods.He wasn't walking with the usual carefree abandon of a youth,but with a purpose.Trying to be as still as possible.Minutes after he disapeared he camerunning back towards the house.Moments later he was once again walking towards the woods.This went on for an hour.
    Finally I couldn't take it any longer and Icrept out of the house and followed him on his journey.He was cupping both hands in front of him while he walked being careful not to spill the water he held in them... Maybe 2or3 tablespoons.As i leaned in to spy on him,I saw the most amazing site.
    Several large deer loomed in front of him,and he walked right up to them.A huge buck with elaborate antlers was very close too him.But the buck didn't threaten him...he didn't even move asBilly knealt down: and I saw a tiny fawn lying on the ground,obviously suffering from dehydration and heat exhaustion,lift up it's head with great effort to lap the water cupped in his hands. Billy jumped up and ran back to the house to get more water. He opened the spigot and a small trickle began to creep into his make shift cup. And it came clear to me,the trouble he had gotten into for playing with the hose last week.When he stood up I was standing in front of him.his eyes filled with tears ,I'm not wasting was all he said.As he began to walk,I joined him with a small pot of water from the kitchen.I lethim tend the fawn,it was his job.I stood on the edge of the woods and watched the most beatiful heart I have ever known working so hard to save another life.
    As the tears that rolled down my face began to hit the ground.other drops...and more drops...and more suddenly joined them.I looked up at the sky.It was as if GOD ,himself.was weeping with pride.
    Some will say that it was all a huge coincidence.That miracles don't really happen.That it was bound to rain sometime.I can't arugue with that,I'm not goning to try.All I can say is the rain that came that day saved our farm...just like the actions of one little boy saved another.I don't know if anyone will read this.I had to send it out to show the true face of GOD,in a little,sunburned body.
    THAT"S GOD
    Have you ever been just sitting and all of a sudden you feel like doing something nice for someone you care for? THAT"S GOD He speaks to you through the HOLY SPIRIT.
    Have you ever been down and out and no one seems to be around to speak too?THATS GOD! He wantyou to speak to him.
    Have you ever been in a situation and you had no clue how it was going to get better,but now you look back on it?
    THAT"S GOD! He passes us through tribulation to see a brighter day.Do you think this was accidentlly sent to you NOPE!
    pass it on and share the power of GOD!
    In all that we do,we need to totolly give him Thanks and our blessings will continue to multiply.
    NOW THAT"S GOD!!!!!!
    Don't tell God how big your storm is. Tell the storm how Big your GOD is!
    Have A BLESSED DAY!! GOD LOVES YOU !!
    Sent to us by an unknown person and thought I'd pass it on.

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sometimes so many posts arrive that really good ones are hidden. I don't how we've missed yours, brother, but this is a good one!

Thanks for posting!