Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got me 30 lbs. of good stinking cheese....now how do I make bait with it? Do the big chunks need to be mashed up and then mix everything else with it? I want to make punch bait. I cannot find the BOC library to search for recipies. Any good trotline bait recipies not using treble hooks?
Thanks

· Registered
721 Posts
Take 1 gal cheese, 2tea spoons anise oil,cat tails,and a jar of peanut butter about 10 oz.hog wild org. 1 jar. Take the hog wild, cheese, peanut butter, and anise put them large bucket tale a paint mixer the kind that goes on a drill. Break up the chunks as best that you can with a board are a stick then go to mixing it should start looking like cake icing. Then start adding cat tail fuzz don't be scared it is hard to get to much test it with a treble hook you got it.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve,
Scroll to the bottom of what? The only thing on the bottom was RD's post. I want to here more about the oatmeal and the J hook.

RD,
I tried to find a PM you had sent me, but someone erased everything when they went to this new home page, or whatever you call it. Anyway, I found the recipe of yours about using the red grease. Didn't know if it was a joke or not.

I blended 3 cans of sardines in olive oil, 3 tubs of chicken livers, small jar of garlic, one bottle of garlic salt, one bottle of sea salt. I added about a gallon of cheese and put it in a container to set a few days. I also added some 100 percent polleyester I bought from WalMart for filler. Don't have any cattails. I have been catchin a lot of bass and thought about letting some of the heads and guts ripen in a bucket and pour the liquid into the cheese mixture. What do you think?

· Registered
2 Posts
Finally got me 30 lbs. of good stinking cheese....now how do I make bait with it? Do the big chunks need to be mashed up and then mix everything else with it? I want to make punch bait. I cannot find the BOC library to search for recipies. Any good trotline bait recipies not using treble hooks?
Thanks
To make a good punch bait is 1 gallon of cheese,2 gallons of beef fat That has been ran through a meat grinder One time only and one with holes larger than a chile plate. Mix it all up in a 5 gallon bucket and let it sit in the sun until it rises twice. Stir it down both times after it stops rising. Drill a small hole just under the edge of the bucket lid. When it gets oily in the summer -Add cattails. If it gets to stiff in the winter - Add can cream (Milnot). Make sponge bait, just add can cream .After it's stirred down the second time, it's ready to catch catfish. You can use any kind of cream. I like milnot. You can get the beef fat at your meat market and they will grind it for you,but be sure they run it through the big hole plate one time. It is free most of the time. From Stinke, the old BaitMaker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.