now tell me catchin these aint fun

Discussion in 'Gar Fishing' started by thecatman, Aug 9, 2009.

1. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    now if you can tell me you wouldnt like to hook into a few gar of this magnitude i would have to call you a plum fool

Attached Files:

2. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I caught my first gar last fri. While catfishing wasn't much fight to him but still fun to catch. He wasn't as big as these guys though and his bill wasn't as wide maybe a different breed. Nice pics thanx for sharing.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Brandon those would have been a blast to catch. Congrats ...

4. thecatman

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    those alligator gar in those pics were in the 50-100lb class you can still catch these type of gar in the 200-300lb class and maybe bigger once you hook one of 100 or so you will love catching them and they will wear you plumb out lol

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    are those the same gar i saw the other night? or is this a different trip? nice size. been toying with a top water bait ive made based on thoughts from some members. havent tested it yet, but i think its gonna work. rides about 4 inches under the top. tested on th gar i mean, funtions fine.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  6. SW Hunter

SW Hunter New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey catman those sre some nice gators. If you've never caught a gator gar you are missing out. They fight like no other fish. Did you catch them on these on the Trinity? We fish the Red River. Once you catch one you will have a great appreciation for the a gar. Thanks for the pics.

7. thecatman

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    yes all 3 of these were caught on the trinity