Now is the time!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Picksecky, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks to my brother and friends doing everything but fishing for me, I finally got to Patagonia last week. The fishing was good and I caught a couple of decent fish. We had a great time and hopefully we will get out again in the next week or so. The biggest one was 32 lbs and working with one lung that may be about all I can handle. But, if I hook up with something I can't handle, I'll give it all I got before handing off to somebody. Regards and good luck to all.

Attached Files:

2. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Great fish and pics man. Thanks for sharing.

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    nice flathead. may i ask where patagonia is? i'm in yuma, and honestly never heard of it. sounds good to me though.
    gary

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Welcome to the BOC Rick ...Thank's for the pic's that's a nice flat you got there.

5. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Nice looking flats thanks for sharing

6. gtbait

gtbait Active Member

State:
    AZ
    That's a nice fish Rick. Can you imagine the reaction of some of snowbird Trout fisherman working Patagonia if they knew there was a bewiskered critter like that gobblin' up their Trout? I worked in the Patagonia area for a couple of months in the spring of 05'. The Crappie bite was pretty good then. If I'd only thought of chasing Flatheads I might still be there considering the size of your fish. There's a spincasting reel on the deck of your boat in the photo. Is that what you brought that big shouldered fish in with?

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Gary, My dad was born in az in 09. His dad was the Sheriff in Bisbee and had jewelery stores and did the gold thing.....everyone else, like his brother were working the mine town.... Mom often spoke of Patagonia....I checked the satalite thing and Patagonial is south of Tucson and due west of Bisbee.

Don't know what water he was speeking about ..... I haven't been to Bisbee in 40 years...

bayrunner ray

8. shadesaz

shadesaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    nice cats!!! thanks for posting pics.

9. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    great fish, keep it up:wink:

10. mattm

mattm New Member

State:
    Arizona
    bet that was fun =)

11. Picksecky

Picksecky New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Ralph.....Yes, that's the rod I use. A 7ft Ugly stick with alarge capacity
    Rhino reel with 17 lb trilene mono. Have had good luck with this outfit....Luck

12. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Rick,

It is so good to see that you got a chance to get the fishing line wet. Those are some nice fish you caught.

There have been several of us on the BOC that have been keeping our eyes open for when you would be posting again.

Even though there are tough times, it is always good to see that you can escape for a little bit and do some fishing.

Ryan

13. gtbait

gtbait Active Member

State:
    AZ
    Rick, I fish the same Ugly Stick rod yet with a Zebco 888 for dip bait cats. I've yet to catch a fish of that size with a spincast set up. I've a buddy that fishes spincast gear and nothing else. I've watched him land an 11 pound bass with a Zebco 33 and Ugly Stick rod. He'll pirate parts from a box of 33's to keep fishin They're good reels. I use an old Johnson Century for the reel on my bowfishin rig. Wrapped with 80lb Spider Wire that spincast get up has pulled some very large Carp. Good fish Rick, here's hopin more come your way.

14. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    There's 32 pounders in Patagonia?

I was just down there deer hunting. I'll have to try it out sometime.