Now I'm Jammin

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wabash River Bear, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went down to the W-Mart tonight with the wife, doin the weekly shoppin. Like most guys I wonder off to the sporting goods, auto, hardware, and electronics while she gets the grocerys. I was in the computer stuff ooglin the new widescreen flatpanel monitors (man I wish I had a spare $300.00) and saw some computer speakers for $24.00. Mine are old screechy cheepo's, they sound so bad I cant stand to turn em on, so I treated myself coz I like to listen to my favs while I'm on here. I got to tell ya, for $24.00 these things rock! They are Altec Lansing speakers with a powered sub woofer, model BX1121. The bass hits hard and the highs and mids are clear as a bell. They have an auxillery input for one of those mp3 gadjets, and a headphone output (so the wife dont get upset while she's watchin C.S.I.) Now I can jam in style while I'm postin my azz off!:smile2:

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cool! Altec always did make good stuff. Their PA equipment was good anyways. Never heard their computer speakers, but can imagine they are rockin'.:cool2:

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Those are good ones, I put those on my wifes puter, I have surround sound on mine, talk about some sound. I got mine from ebay for $45, shipping included.

:cool2:

4. lodge

lodge New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I don't do much on this thing and have speakers that cost $10 at big lots. doing okay three years or so Kinyo brand. the ones you talked about sound good bear not sure I need them. I have a hard time geting to any other dept but fishing and hardware but electronics would be my 3rd one. catgirl told me you were alright so I posted here. I need to get her some headphones tho sometimes I watch TV.

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Sounds like you did well. Computer sure have come along way! Jamm out bro.
    Bill

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    way to go BEAR now maybe the easter bunny will bring the $300 item good luck ROCK ON BROTHER !!!!!!!

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like a good deal. I may have to check some of them out. I have some awesome Boston Acoustic speakers on one computer. They are clear as a bell even at the highest volume, which will blow you out of the room, but they cost about 10 times what you paid and will only work with a Gateway computer. My other computer is for the band but I need better speakers on that one. They are OK but don't have a sub woofer so they lack bottom end. Yours sound like the way to go.