Now I'm all fixed up(UGH I Hope so anyway)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Feb 9, 2008.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My brand new BPS Zebco Rod and Reel arrived in my mail today. It's one of those Hawg Seekers but is advertized for Catfishing. It has a huge closed face Spinning Reel,and the Alarm on it,well in my opinion you'd have to be deaf not to hear it. Plus it lights up in red flashing lights to signal a bite.
    I also received to Lightening Strike Rod Holders. These dudes tell in big black letters not to stand over them unless you want knocked in the head. I am instructed to set the tension on them and walk away,because when they go off it's like a Rat Trap they slam it. I replaced my fishing light which I have on my head(Dog chewed up my first one) Also got some treble hooks. Now if I can find that irresistable bait to use River here I come.Although unfortuanately I will have to wait for the wind chills of below zero,snow and ice begin to turn to spring. I must say I'm ready,this winter in Missouri we have really been slammed.The weatherman stated so far we have had 29 inches of moisture.I guess that's nothing as he claims that 10 years ago we got 40 inches of moisture. I need to start taking my Raw Garlic 2 or 3 times a day as I have been advised by a BOC Brother that the skeeters will leave ya alone if you're full of Garlic. I hate skeeters,chiggers,any kind of insect that crawls on me and makes me itch I have no use for that. This redicioulous behavior of not catching fish must cease and desist immediately as I have had a belly full. Yes! It is relaxing to me to hear the current going down toward St. Joseph Missouri but c'mon I know there is fish in that river I just seemed to have lost them.:roll_eyes::confused2::baffle::0a36:Sister Pat

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sounds like you get to load them things up and then sit back and relax ; )

Best of luck with them Pat...I know if anyone's ready for a big cat it's you..I hope you get em !!!!!

-Jim-

PS..The Avatar looks good : )

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am to the point If I was licenced to be a Scuba Diver I honestly believe I'd go for a swim and see where these dudes hang out at. Got to be a way for me to latch on,just haven't figured out how!!:roll_eyes:Sister Pat

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on ya new gear. If i hear someone hollerin, i'll help ya get out of that cat trap,,,er mean rat trap:eek:oooh:. As far as the fish, good things happen to good people. Your time will come. Good luck with the new tackle.

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I appreciate your kindness. You're a nice guy for saying that to me.Sister Pat:big_smile:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good luck Sister Pat with your new catfishin' gear! Get out there and put your time on the water and the fish will come! :big_smile:

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Congrats on the new toys Pat! My wife got the spinning set up from Santa this Christmas and has been chompin at the bit to get out there and try it out, I do like the alarm my self I think it will be seen on some of the other outfits before long, Again Congrats on the toys!
    Randy

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    go get em !!!!!!!!!! :smile2: