NOW I UNDERSTAND..............

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, May 10, 2009.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I WENT CARPING LAST NIGHT WHERE THEIR ARE 3-4 FT CARP SWIMMING AROUND THE BOAT DOCKS......

I HAD MY TIGER SPINNING COMBO WITH 50 LB SPIDERWIRE AND A BIG GLOB OF BREAD HANGING OFF THE END...... I SET MY REEL TO ABOUT 7 LBS OF SLIP AND FINALLY HOOKED 1 ....... 5 LBS ISH

THEN WAITED ABOUT 20 MIN AND GOT INTO A 9 1/2 LB CARP..... THAT WAS SOOOOOOOO FUN !!!!!!!!!!

I TIGHTENED MY DRAG A BIT AND THAT BRAID WAS THE ONLY REASON WHY I GOT THAT FISH ON THE DOCK!!!!!!

IT WRAPED ABOUND A POST AND SAWED BACK IN FORTH ABOUT 5 TIMES BEFORE I " YANKED " HIM OUT OF THERE.......

POST WERE EVERYWHERE HOLDING THE DOCK ANDI ONLY HAD 6FT ON MY SIDE AND AND ANOTHER 10 TWARDS THE OTHER SIDE.........

NOW I TRULY UNDERSTAND WHY SOME USE 200 LB BRAID AND 120 LB RODS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeRoy

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    nice job bro them carp are sure fun to fight arnt they?

3. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Good Story!!!Well Done!

HOPPY4

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    LeRoy,
    Great story and good catch on them carp # for # what a fight

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    IM GETTING A SETUP THAT HAS A 40 LB ROD AND I MAKE MY OWN DISCS FOR THE DRAG SO IT SMOOTHER!!!!!

I REALLY WANT THAT CARP I SAW WITH THE MILK JUG FOR AHEAD !!!!:eek:oooh:

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i dont get why people hate puling in carp, we had a load of fun pulling big carp in, untill, we found how to get big flats channels and now looking for blues for the second time

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They are also suppose to be the smartest fresh water fish- second only to flatheads.... ya ever heard that? I read it in a study report somewhere.... I guess some dude gave different kinds of fish an IQ test of some sort:confused2:

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

When I go catting,I always go early and get some carping in first.Can,t beat carp runnin your drag.On the line deal,I,ve always said theres no such thing as overkill when your fishing around snags!:eek:oooh:

9. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

NOW I BELIEVE THAT 200%

ALL 3 OF US " CAUGHT " FISH BUT ONLY I BROUGHT A FISH TO THE SURFACE!!!:smile2:

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Now you know why I run 100 lb. power pro on the tournament rods:wink:.

11. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    I use carp guts for bait for chanels. Chunks of cut up carp is a real good bait on the mississippi. One good size carp makes alot of bait.:wink: