Now I know for sure

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by ozzy, Mar 3, 2009.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Just recently picked up a digital scale on line, a cheap (inexpensive) one but accurate one at that. I paid 19.00 for it and well worth it. I tested 110 130 150 gr. .270 bullets on it and it was dead on. I found out that a few NAP broadheads I had that were marked 100 gr. were 125 gr. :eek:oooh: Now I know what my arrows with broadheads or field points weigh now. The pic is Easton Full Metal Jacket with .125 Gr Shuttle T lock total weight is 456 gr. My other arrows are 450 even which i good. Now I know both are close to each other.

Attached Files:

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    That shocks me that some of the broadheads that were supposed to be 100gr. are actually 125gr.! That would fool someone that was testing the broadheads for accuracy! Glad to see that you made a smart purchase on the scale. I believe every serious archer should invest in one to make sure their arrow/broadheads combinations come close to weighing the same. I'm sure NAP made a packaging error somewhere. People have to be aware of this and always test the broadheads before the hunt. I had a package of Shuttle-T Locks that were flying inconsistent. Come to find out the blades were loose in the furrule and causing them to fly low and to the left at 20 yds. Next package I purchased, they flew dead on! Weird!

Anyhow. Archers should be aware that no broadhead is perfect. Always try to match the arrow with the broadhead and then test them for the best flight characteristics. Spin test them for minimal wobble. Make sure the broadhead is flush on the end of the shaft.

Great post OZZY!!
    Interesting:cool2: