Now I have been called for everything.

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by sds888, Jun 8, 2006.

1. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    Yesterday I was woken up at 4:40 in the morning by my phone ringing. The caller on the other end stated that there was a black bear on the university campus and that the police department had it boxed in in a small set of woods on campus. They were wanting to know I could come and tranquilze it. I told them I didnt have any method of doing that. They then asked if I could trap the thing. I was real nice to them explaining who they needed to call and that was something I could not handle. But I was thinking Yeah sure let me bring my bear barrel down there and put my dog pole around its neck and lead it in the the cage. especially after yall have ticked it off by cornering the thing and been chasing it with police cars all night. The DNR did come out but they could not catch it. Within the area we have had six different bears sited this week. This is not a place you would see a bear normally. So I dont know what has the moving out of the mountains down here but people are freaking out. LOL Just thought I would share this experince.
    Stephen

2. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'd have told them to call PETA, let them give it a big hug & tell it to go home :big_smile:

Smitty

3. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    lol give them a big ol bear hug and hold on tight. lol

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Maybe they were wanting to become educated or are bored with the woods. I too think that PETA should handle these situations.
    Sometimes you got the bear by the a$$
    And sometimes the bear got you by the a$$

5. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol.....ain't no bear (or nuthin' else) gonna get me....I pack :wink:

For anyone who likes to read, do a browser search on Timothy Treadwell. He was a nutcase that thought bear were "cute & harmless". I've watched a couple documentaries on him.....does the term "out there" mean anything??

Perhaps some PETA members would like to take-up his research where he left off.......

Smitty

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    When bears start showing up in odd places you can bet it probably has something to do with their food supply and a lack of it.