Now i got the daughter one!

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by massa_jorge, Feb 25, 2007.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    got my little girl a pink synthetic crickett .22 lr. i have been burning up to get her one since she was in diapers. she's six now, and has been daddy's little killing machine with her pellet guns for two years. when i load up to go hunting she begs to go, and i always have to tell her she's not big enough. after she gets honed in on the peep sight, she'll be able to shoot rabbits, prairie dogs, and ground squirrels with me now.
    i set the box on the porch when i got home, and told her to get me something from outside. when she came in her eyes were all bugged out. made me proud.
    i am glad i live in a state that doesn't put an age restriction on hunters. i don't think i could've waited till she was 12!

2. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I wish more people would atleast spend time with thier children.It would be even better if all kids learned how to handle and use guns safley.I believe we would have alot less kids playing with guns and school shootings.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    You know females make good shooters.

My 8 year old daughter has a fit for me to go shoot doves. She has a ball. The shotguns going off dont bother her at all. In her mind she thinks she is hunting even if she is toting shotgun shells and no shotgun.
    I dont deer hunt anymore atleast not from trees. I'm an oppertunity deer hunter.
    The nephew swings from trees though and she go with us to drag one out of the woods and hang him on the gambril. She'll pull up a chair for the gutting.:lol:

JW and DH need some of those pink guns, where can they find them?

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My Ten year old daughter decided to take rifle shooting this year in 4h so Im thinkin theres gonna be another gun in this house pretty soon ,you know I WANT MY OWN

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i am going to look into a 4-h program for my older daughter pretty soon. she is hell on wheels on those blackbirds with her pellet guns, and never had a problem whacking them out of the trees! on the old site i had a pic of her with a handfull of sparrows she sniped, proud as could be, haha. when we found out we had a kiddo on the way, with both girls, i went out and got them nef 20 gauges. i have never shot a 20 that kicked too much, so i figured it was a good choice. turns out those damn things kick harder than my .30-06! so i was thining about getting a couple .410 bore shotguns. i figure a 3" .410 shell should smack rabbits pretty good with #6 shot, and good ole rabbit whacking teaches a kid a lot about stalking and hunting in general. thank yall for the positive feedback, by the way!
    oh, mark j, they can get their pink rifles at gander mountain for just over a hundred bucks, haha. or they can order them at wallyworld, if their stores are still in the gun business. i would recommend the stainless/pink laminate so they can hunt deer, elk, and mountain lions in style. it would also make one hell of a grizzly rifle! :wink:

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    took my daughter out to shoot today after school. we have a fence made of railroad ties along the edge of the town, and we snipe them from behind the fence. when we got to our shooting spots, she was overwhelmed by all the prairie dogs scurrying around and didn't get one shot off. i got 8 of them before they wised up, but she was still trying to pick a target! at the end of the line, about 80 yards, some jackrabbits were trying to conjure up the nerve to run across the field. on that end is all broken concrete, and the rabbits like to hide in it. one of them ran, then stopped 60 yards in front of us. my daughter nailed it clean on the first shot with a remington golden bullet hollowpoint. she couldn't quit smiling, and neither could i. after that we slaughtered some onopened cokes for a couple of hours, then obliterated an old oil drum we have out there.
    she says she wants to go shooting every day now, so it seems i was right on getting her a rifle this young. she was good on muzzle control, loading and unloading, and identifying her target. i am proud as hell. :wink:

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Spend all the time you can with her for it will be no time before they are grown up and have familys of their own My daughter Says some of her best memorys are us fishing and target shooting together when she was 12 she loved to shoot my 44 mag It would pick her up off her feet