Now available........

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by 223reload, Jan 12, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hornady's flextip 160 gr used in the Leverevolution line of ammo is available for handloaders now. I checked WWW.Grafs.com They are currently out of stock tho:crazy:

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Richard...Mike Graf of Graf & Son's is a buddy of mine. I haven't been in their new store yet, but I hear it is sweet. ...Just sayin'. It's ineresting that you posted a link to their store. That's who will be setting me up for reloading...:cool2:

Not to hijack. The new bullets sound like the ticket.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Memories........Graf and Sons. In 1987 I bought a box or 257 Weatherby Magnum Ammo from them. Still have the box with 4 bullets left. Way back then they cost $37.50 for a box of 20. Glad to hear they are still around.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey richard with the current circumstances i'll bet they'll be out of them for a while to come. guy at the pawn shop today was sellin 4 sks stripper clips, loaded, for $20.00. that's 40 rounds of steel cased hollowpoints. it'll get better before it gets worse.

but hey about the flextips- see i wasn't jacking the thread either -i can't wait to try them in my .357 and .44 on hogs. the ad said even in revolver barrels you'll get close to rifle-like performance. i can't wait!

5. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I sent them an email, and if I don't hear back by tonight, I will call Mike and try to find out when they will be getting a shipment in so you's will be the first to know. :wink:

6. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Dang that was fast! Here is the email I got back. Not good news, but I hope it is helpful.

Matt;

I'm not sure on that, I think that they will probably officially make the announcement at the Shot Show in Orlando this weekend. Actual eta will probably be early spring. We do have them in our system so if you want to backorder feel free to do so.

Thank You!
    Willy

7. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    JUST MY LUCK!!!
    My two passions are Racing and Shooting. Two years before I move to Kentucky the Performance Racing Industry show moves form Indiana to Orlando, Florida and now the Shot Show moved to Orlando.

I have several friends who had VERY VERY poor performance with the factory loaded ammo. One of them bought 5 boxes and only shot about 5 rounds. I tried a few with similar results in my Winchester. (5 inch 3 shot groups at 100yds) He pulled the bullets from the rest and reloaded them into some VERY good rounds (3 rounds within a 1.25 inch group at 100yds from an 80yo Winchester). I am going to have let him know if he has not heard already and see if he still has the load info.
    Thanks for the info.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for that info,Matt. I got my tidbit of info from my latest PREDATOR XTREME Magazine,They had a full page add :wink: