November Catfishing Continues in Scenic City

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by rsimms, Nov 19, 2006.

1. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Had a great November afternoon on Chickamauga Lake with Clayton Cornell and his 7-year-old son, Marshall. Besides a bunch of other cool 7-year-old stuff, Marshall's Dad bought him a catfish trip for his birthday. Cool Dad huh? And I believe Marshall has had a very happy birthday... he and Dad smoked 'em pretty good this afternoon... at least for a beautiful November day. We weren't keepin', so we were countin' (at least not close). But I suspect they brought about 20 fish in the boat, not counting those that were missed, or lost . Big fish was 28 lbs. It came on a double... Marshall was reeling in a "little" 7 or 8 pounder while Dad was being real quiet in back of the boat reeling in "the biggun'." But for the record, Marshall held his own. I think he probably beat Dad in numbers. Marshall is a first-grader and I'm betting that he has "catfish braggin' rights" among most of his classmates. The fish all came from 45-55 feet. They're spilling water through Chickamauga Dam so we had great flow. I think that's helping the cats stay "hot" a little bit longer than normal, in spite of the cooler water temps. Photos are posted in "Members Fishing Reports."
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33738

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice, sounds like you guys had a great day, whhat were ya usin for bait.

3. K.ENGLEND

K.ENGLEND New Member

State:
    TN
    nice pics thx for sharing. you got me wanting to go fishing now .. :big_smile:

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Glad your still catching fish.
    Have they moved deep yet?
    Pete

5. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My tried & true "go to" bait is chicken breast, undoctored, straight from the grocery store.

Shiloh - fish were in 45 - 55 feet of water.... but actually, in my water, that's pretty much where I'm fishing all the time. I've got a couple of spots that hit 65-70 feet, but I fish them in summer as well. Buttomline, I really don't changes locales or tactics for winter. Fish same places, same baits, same techniques.... just plan for fewer fish, but know there's always the chance to stick a big one. A friend of mine got a 67 lber. on Wheeler yesterday.