Notice 3/17/09

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by unclebuncle, Mar 16, 2009.

1. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Tomorrow has been declared too nice to work day.Anyone caught working tomorrow should be arrested and immediately sentenced to a minimum of 8 hours on their favorite lake or stream photographing as many catfish,crappie or walleye as they can find.My little brother(KansasTreeRat) and I have already been sentenced to a day in the yaks.We will drive as far as we can then put the yaks in and paddle about half a mile down the creek and get out on opposite bank then walk through the briars to a hidden lake.We are doing combo fishing treasure hunting,whichever is best.No one goes there any more but it used to be a popular place in early 1900s.I hope to hook up with arkrivercatman at lake fegan if hes still there.I know the place is full of fish and it gets restocked every time Toronto lake comes up.:smile2: Dont get caught working now.

2. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    :smile2: well im heading out to eldorado lake and stayin in one the cabins tomorrow so dnt have to worry about me goin to work:roll_eyes::wink:

3. KSCats

KSCats New Member

State:
    Neosho Rapids, Kansas
    Woot! I'm saved! My wife had a whole list of stuff for me to do this week! :smile2: Guess it'll have to wait.

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Dang it Ray if that dont about get the fever up a notch or two.

But Deadred and me are the only one's holding the fort down this week.

Man I wish I was going with you two your going to have a blast fish or no fish.

Good luck and be safe the water is still cold.

5. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Well our trip wasnt successful as fishing trips go and I only found 1 wheat penny but I enjoyed the day anyway.It was definately too nice to work.I got one picture of Alan in yak.We met up with Kyle and Ashley above Toronto lake and had a real good visit with them telling fishing stories.All together a great day.

Attached Files:

6. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Yep I had a great day too Ray. It has been way to long sense we spent the day together. Don't matter much we did not catch fish, Just great to be out on the water and in the woods.
    Good to see Kyle and Ash too.

7. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    I forgot here is Ray in the Yak.

Attached Files:

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    It was nice to meet you Ray and see you again Alan. It sure was a great day to be out. Our fishin wasnt spectacular either but I am glad we made it out. Ashley did get her first cat of the year though.:smile2:
    Im sure we will see yall again before too long.

9. Little Tree Rat

Little Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i had the fever all day...all i kept sayin to Bri was "i want to be out in the yak today!!" and it didnt help that one of floats in the parade was like 10 yaks..and we were standing on the bridge..over the river...well im glad that the brothers got to spend the day together..and had fun..the trip sounded like our trip, not much fish, but sure as heck had a bunch of fun

10. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    It was great Mallory and I bet you have trip soon.

11. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Cool, Kyle! I like it when Ashley brings a catfish in. The fish just looks
    bigger when she's got hold of it, I guess. That and everybody thinks
    I'm just staring at the fish and I have plausible denyability...

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Alright, I will keep that in mind...................even though I am late, it will be worth mentioning to the wife that since she made me work on a holiday, I should get at least a day and a half later this week!!

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Looks like you guys had a great day out on the water.Thanks for the report and pictures.

14. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    looks like there will be a few day too nice to work, today was pretty nice, hope tomorrow will be too