Nothing to do with fishing but...

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by drpepper, May 19, 2009.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mooresville residents voted down both parts of a $90 million bond issue that would have included renovations to Mooresville High School and a middle school and the construction of a new middle school.
    The high school proposal was defeated 2,564 votes to 1,780 votes, while the middle school project was voted down 2,689 to 1,674.

WOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!!:cool2:

2. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'M SO GLAD I VOTED AGAINST IT OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO NEW PROPERTY TAXES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEW ROD HOLDERS FOR MEEEEEEEE:smile2::big_smile::big_smile:

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The difference for me at my assessed property value is a new boat!
    You think I wasnt sweatin' it? We're ALREADy taxed to damn death in Morgan county.... I pay over $8400 a year in property tax as it is... over 700 bucks a month:eek:oooh: If they passed this,,,, I was moving!

4. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol no crap:smile2: if they would have passed it you would see my signature way more

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    holy cow patties, your taxes are more than my house payments! i can see why you were sweating it.

6. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I saw a new school that was built a few years ago & I'm sure they did the same kinda deal. I never saw the old school but I'll take their word for it that they needed a new one. However, the new one was CRAZY nice! I mean really, does a junior high need 30 foot arching hallway ceilings accented with oak beams going up one side & down the other?! The place looked nicer that a lot of college buildings I've seen. Instead of spending the tax payers $$ on ridiculous stuff like that, why not spent it on something that will actually help the kids get smarter?!?!? :eek:oooh: I know that's a crazy off-the-wall idea!

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It was a big deal... it was something they really didnt need.. They just renovated it bout 8-10 years ago anyways didnt they??? maybe 1% of ot would go to better education while the rest went to please teachers and raise their salary so they could trade in their BMW's for a new Hummer..

8. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    You radical rightwinger, I have forworded your username to homeland security to be put on the suspected terrorist list.:wink:

9. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Someone once said, "some of the wisest people that he knows has a 8th grade education!" That proofs your point, "looks isn't everything!":wink: