Nothing to brag about!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by thomas feldon, May 10, 2006.

1. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    I take it that nobody got anything to brag about for snaggin for spoonies?
    Haven't seen anyone say hey, They are here or we got.
    What's up?
    Too cold or just slow for the spring season?
    Mushrooms comming up now that we've had rain.
    I've got just a couple and with this rain comming this week we should get alot more I hope.
    How you doing for mushrooms?
    How's the fishing for stripper's ?
    Any good fish'n below the dam's?
    Guess everyone is busy trying to get something to talk about. Nothing going on for some good blues or flatheads, HUH!
    Let's hear some good things guy's.

2. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Thomas I can't answer for the mushrooms but snagging season was the best I've seen it in years. I was out catfishing most of the season and I saw numerous boats with six or more hanging from the sides. It was a good year for size as well as most fish I saw were 50lbs or better. The length restriction is begining to pay dividends. Now whats up with Billy Joel?

3. Jwilli5883

Jwilli5883 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, MO
    Found some mushrooms about 3 weeks ago. Not anything to talk about though. Heard people were finding a lot around Iowa recently.

I need a big Blue more!!!!

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    We havnt had a very good mushroom season on my stretch of river either. Maybe well get some late pop ups with all the rain. Didnt snag any spoonies but sure had a blast snagging those Asians. They fight like freight trains, and there some of the fastest freshwater swimmers I think I have ever come across. I wish the MDC would let us snag for them year round. I realize the ramifications on the spoonies though so I reckon I'll just keep letting them jump in the boat.:roll_eyes:

5. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    John, didn't you know that you could actually target Asian Carp on rod and reel??

All you do is get a nice big Kahle hook and load it up with Plankton for bait :big_smile:

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I wuz targeting spoonies Shane. Honest...:roll_eyes: Hope all is well with you. Lets get together and do some fishin this summer.

7. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Hey John,

Getting ready to do some "practicing" tomorrow. The New Madrid tournament is in a week.

Yeah we need to get together this summer. Maybe you can show me around in your soon-to-be New boat :big_smile:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sounds Fun Shane. Good Luck with the tourney in New Madrid. I'm picking the boat up this week. Cant wait.....:big_smile:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    How did you do in that tournament Shane?

10. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    We didn't do that great. 24 boats and we placed 9th. We actually only caught one fish. He weighed 40 lbs. 6 more like that and we would of had SOME day, LOL.

It was one of those days where nothing went right. Steering bolt came out on the boat and we lost 3 fish. 1 was at least the size of the 40. Oh well, back to business as usual. You can read a few more details about it on the Mississippi thread.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    9th place is respectable. No shame there. Some days just seem to go like that on the water. Other days, seems like you cant do any wrong. See ya this summer.