nothing over 5 lbs in almost 2 weeks ?????

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by sHovelHEADKiNG, Jun 25, 2009.

1. sHovelHEADKiNG

sHovelHEADKiNG New Member

State:
    ohio
    I had some real good luck bout a month ago then about 2 weeks ago same spots it like quit. first was at the mouth of the LICKING in KY, all night, not a single run, last night on the GREAT MIAMI, all night 1 -5 lbs fish, i had gills, chad, chubs, and shiners..i mean will someone wake these big hogz up !!! im not too for familiar with their spawn habits, ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THIS LASTS ?? i stuffed this pond with a bunch of hogz and fished it alot last year, new to the year long river seen..help!!!!!! and if you live near loveland i found a chad heaven..hit me up !!

2. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    welcome to the boc!! i believe it lasts2-4 weeks not positive though!! i know the bites will slow for sure during that time, shane

3. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    :cool2:welcome bud, this is the place to ask things, youll get help for sure. the spawn last (from what i hear ) about 4 weeks, and as far as when they start and when it ends, well this is just i m o, if ur in s. oh,and fishing a pond like u said, well a small body of water will heat up sooner than a big one i feel no matter where its at, so they (should )get done sooner, but one thing about fishing, once u think u got it figured out BAM something comes around, or something happens that blows u out of the water. that's one of the things i like about fishing, its always changing, and there's alway something new to learn or try

4. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    great info!!! shane

5. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    From everything I have read on DNR and more science related sites say the peak of the spawn only lasts a few days is dependent on water temps and they don't all spawn at the same time. Most catfishermen seem to say from June to the beginning of August and you can't possibly catch a descent fish in that time.

6. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    once the water temp reaches 65 -71 degrees they start to spawn but i have been havin some good luck still and my buddy had a big shovel last saturday. plus you can sort of tell when because the bite gets alot harder right before they spawn from wat i've heard that is.

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know we were catching fish all night long at the end of May. Right around the beginning of June all the spots that had worked for us all stopped right at the same time. This is fishing so there could be any number of reasons why that happened. I fish the most southern parts of Ohio and northern parts of Kentucky mostly.