'nother fishin' partner

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ictalurus Punctatus, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    I got home from work this evening and my lovely wife meets me at the door with a hand behind her back, and a grin on her face. "What?" I asked. without a word, she brought the hand from behind her back and handed me an EPT pregnancy test. Of course, it was positive (why would she hand me a negative one?). So now we get to go through this, topsy turby rollercoaster called "parenthood" again. Ahhh... Life is *sooo* good right now.

I may need to come back here and reread this post when we're chasing an 18 month old and tending a newborn in Dec:wink: .

Jon

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fasten your seat belt, Jon!
    BIG Congratulations to you both!
    God bless and keep your precious family :lol:

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congradulations your fun is just beginning. You have the terrible two's and then lovely teenage hormones especially if it's daughters!!:lol: :lol:

4. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Congradulations Jon!

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Congratulations, Jon! May God bless you with healthy, happy, children.

In case I didn't welcome you previously, WELCOME!

Take care.
    Cheryl

6. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Congratulations enjoy ever day.

7. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Congradulations man. My wife and I have a 6 month old and one about to be 2 years. It's a wild but wonderful ride. I'll have to admit though that on a couple of occasions of running on 12 hours sleep for an entire week I've thought "Maybe those meth heads are on to something..." That's the roughest part is not loosing your cool when you finally get the baby to sleep about 2 in the morning and the 16 month old cranks up and want's to watch Barney. :crazy: It'll make you loose your head. Other than that it's a pretty cool deal.

8. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Congrats and remember brother kids are great. And Jon that is the first step to the best part Grand Children…..LOL The secret to life is live long enough to be a problem to your children, spoil the devil out of your grand kids……LOL

9. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Jon,it wasn't me!!:big_smile: :big_smile:

Jon

10. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats to you and the wife,Jon.

11. Ictalurus Punctatus

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Well, here we are almost nine months later. Wifey went to see the midwives today and they're scheduling induction for Wednesday. So, it looks as if we're having a baby for Christmas!:big_smile: Will keep you posted.

Jon

12. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Congrats to you & your family. We're expecting #5 in about 3 months.
    :wink:

13. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Jon and Philly,
    Congrats to both of you.
    We brought our daughter home on Christmas Eve four years ago. She will be four years old this Saturday. WOW, four years old already... Time flies..
    Our two ate to the day 21 months apart, daughter on Dec 22 and son on March 22. So I know what it is like changing the little one just to pick up the older one to change him. Luckily my son was almost potty trained when our daughter was born. Had a couple more months working with him on it but we got through it and so will you. I would not trade one second of it for anything in the world. My kids are my world.:big_smile:

Thanks
    David

14. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congratulations! I hope all goes well. We are pregnant with our first, due May 24. We hope to find out the gender January 7.

15. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Congrats, man, mine are 5 and 8 now and I can't keep them out of the boat. Here's to a healthy child and mother and many happy years,

Branden

16. Ictalurus Punctatus

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    An update; Today was supposed to be the day, but we got bumped (elective inductions are a low priority, compared to spotaneous labors and medical inductions). There's one spot open for tomorrow, but we're not investing alot of hope in that panning out. It hasn't stopped us from hoping though:wink:.

Thank you all for the well wishes, and I'll keep things updated as they come into play.

Jon

17. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Good luck,I have three 2 teenage girls and my son told my wife I had to keep going till I got a son.So I guess you can say 3 times the charm.

18. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    first let me say congrats.now you have got to get use to fishing less.

19. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Jon and Gregory, congratulations on the new additions to your families:cool2:. Hope all goes well for you both.

20. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Well, my oldest is a son,2 years 9 months, then another son, one year seven months, and then a daughter almost 5 months! All I can tell you is enjoy! I absolutely love my kids, they're the best. I've taken the boys fishing, but mostly they are only interested in watching the perch in the bait bucket as I catch them, but I'm hoping that when the olderst turns three, he'll be able to turn the handle on the reel without wanting to turn it backward and give the fish line. Then we'll be set! I hope all goes well and that you have a safe and healthy delivery of your baby, God bless. It's not that you'll get less fishing time, just more partners:wink: