Note to self....

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by SWeiss, Aug 16, 2009.

1. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hot Coleman propane lanterns do not get along well with monofilament fishing line. :big_smile::crazy:

Anyone else ever embarrass themselves like this? :smile2:

2. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    yep i sure have. some of us just cant help but to make a fool out of ourselfs.:tounge_out:

3. 89Ricky89

89Ricky89 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I was once smoking a cig, waiting for a fish to run, and I flicked my cig out when he started to run and it hit and burned the mono! :angry: That was a definate learning lesson! LOL! :embarassed:

4. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    lol. thats similiar to what i did. i was smokn one and got smoke in my eyes. all us smokers know what im talkn bout. put it in my hand and turned my head away from the smoke and touched my cig right to my line. what an idiot.:crazy:

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Me and Justin was just talking about the same thing a couple nights ago. My smokes have gotten me a couple times. They burn right through the braid too,take my word.:roll_eyes:.

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Havent burned my line with a lantern, but ive knocked one of a bridge and watched it sink. Came back a few day later and it was floating cause all the propane ran out and it surfaced like a ballon. I snagged it with my pole and it still works to this day. Coleman makes a good lantern, thats for sure.

7. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Coleman makes an outstanding lantern Mr. Foster. I've had mine for 15 years or more and the only thing I had to replace on it (besides fuel and mantles) was the globe (gravity sucks), that's it.

I used mine the other night for the first time in probably a decade. It fired right up, no problems.

8. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Have you guys experimented with having lights on vs. no lights? I always thought flats shy away from light and noise and so far, my catch rates have agreed with me. When i'm in the boat, and if nobody else is on the water, i won't even keep my running lights on.

9. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have never noticed a difference either way. I truthfully don't think the small running light on a boat, or even a lantern, would even penetrate into the water enough to make any difference. Not to mention, I hardly ever get closer than 20yds from the hole I want to fish. By the time that light travels 20yds above water, I dont care who or what you are, your not seeing it sitting in 15+ ft of water (which I usually fish).

10. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Makes sense. I guess i'm just paranoid, i want every little thing in my favor.

11. Depends on the water clarity too, or even the area you are fishing has lights everywhere anyway, then no problem. You figure though, ever shine your hat light on a fish your trying to land, it definately spooks them. They see that light. :eek:oooh:

Then you got every bug on god's great earth swarming your lights, then goin after the fish slime on you, your gear, the boat floor:angry:. But the worst is when it gives your spot away:embarassed:.

But being the law abiding citzen that I am, I would never turn those lights off at night.......:0a10:

12. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    I'm stuck to bank fishing,my bait is only a few yards away alot of times,i avoid shining the water like the plauge.If i have to its usally red light. I try to keep my aerator and radio off the bank as well,vibrations. I was fishing with a guy once who decided to pound REBAR with a ROCK into ROCK in a foot of water, when we were casting 10 yards away. When the genius puts his gaint vibrating bucket of bait in the water to sit on. I don't know, stuff like that bothers me sometimes. Maybe i'm just paranoid,maybe i fish with a$$holes hahaha

13. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    I always turn my light off, rip off my glow sticks and hide when i hear N.P.T coming up river :smile2:

14. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    You actually brought up my next question. Does anybody know if flats can see red light? I use my red headlamp religiously, cause i know a lot of animals (deer, hogs) can't see red light. Are fish the same?

15. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    I'm not gonna say yes or no but i have had little ones come right up to my boots and when i turn to red on they don't bolt like they do when i turn on the floods thats for damn sure.

16. WayneV

WayneV Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Stop getting mad at hush bubbles bro, your aerator sounds like a f n generator runnin on the bank. This guy thinks flatheads like country music, he trys to lure them in with the radio, personally I think they like metal. ha ha Dont get mad get even, u got 12 lbs of ketchup to go.

17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    yea, me too :smile2:

18. :embarassed:

19. :embarassed: