Note To Self---

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by oh no, Jun 10, 2009.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    #1,,, A 15 foot row of Cabbage seeds will make 200+ cabbages to transplant.,,, I have cabbages trans planted everywhere,,, Late Flat Dutch

#2,,,,If the ground is too cold,,, sweet corn will rot before sprouting,,,,it's still to cold here...

#3,,, No mater how cheap a 50 pound sack of seed potatoes are at Rural King,,15 dollars,,,,, don't buy it,,,,,,,,I have about 85 pounds of seed potato's in...

More notes will be added or can be added by others,,,, lol lol

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    #4 Not all rabbits are big,,,,lol,,,lol,,, had a small hole in garden fence,,, baby rabbit found it and ate some beans,,, Grrrrrr

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Next year when wife says we dont need 3 gardens....listen to her!:crazy:

4. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Next year when you plant corn go ahead and put up the strings and pie pans and scarecrow the same day. Don't say ill do it tommorrow or you'll only have 3 pitiful stalks of corn make it by the crows.

Don't plant bush bean rows so close together.

Don't let the kids over fertilize the better boys and burnem up.

5. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Don't plant vining winter squash before early crop (turnips) are ready to harvest. Planted them too soon and have no place to train the vines:roll_eyes:.

6. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    make sure you have enough space between plants i planted to close last year well the grew but were crowded guess i tried to squeeze to much in

7. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Wow! Good tips from all you guys. I'm glad I only have 1 row of 10 tomato plants & 1 row of 9 pepper plants.....whew, y'all are gonna be busy!:wink:

8. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Don't let your 35 yr. old mind decide how much to plant and then
    your 56 yr. old body has to take care of it.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    They like to eat ripe tomatoes also.So watch em or your matters will b half eaten.

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Never plant hot peppers too close to tomatoes. Yeah, I know they are not related and should not be able to transfer heat to tomatoes.:0a5::0a13::0a4:

11. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    #5 Honda's little 4 cycle tillers are the absolute best..

#6 Someone will always take extra cabbage plants...

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    " TROYBUILT ":wink:

13. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    John I'm talking about those 22 pound miniature ones,,,,,they are great,,, fast as you can walk,,, till right next to the plants....the 2 cycle little ones are a joke...

I have a bigger Honda tiller too and about 3 of the older style Sears with the gear shifts on them,,,, the old Sears ones came with 6 - 7 or 8 HP motors on them,,, they have a low and high plus reverse,,, I love them,,, except the older I get,,, the more I want easy and light,,, That's why I picked up a little 2 wheel Bolens tractor,,, 2 1/2 hp Briggs,,, to pull a cultivator.... it's my brand new 1953 Bolens,,,,lol,,,, EBay,,, came from IL,, even got original bill of sale,,warranty papers,, 33" reel mower and 42" snow blade,,,,it works slicker than snot,,, it has the wind a rope starter,,,lol,,,starts second pull...I paid less for it than it cost new in 1953,,,, lol,,

14. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    GEEZ!!, You sure get alot of tomatoes out of a flat of plants.
    smokey