Note To Self.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by ozzy, Mar 15, 2009.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Always keep a few yote calls in truck. I went to the archery range this morning, still dark out. As soon as the sun started rising I hear two groups of yotes yacking at each other about 200 yards away and all I could do was shake my head. :beat_brick: The brush is so thick I couldnt see them.

2. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've been there before as well, now I keep two calls in the box on the 4wheeler. but now since I have put them in there I never needed them for an "out of the blue" reasson like what had happen to me before like you had happen. :embarassed:

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'll tell you what Ozzy, if you smack a wiley ol' coyote with your bow, I will give you high praise for doing so. I only had the opportunity to kill a coyote once while I was deer hunting. Should of pulled the string, but I didn't want to risk spooking deer. I can still kick myself for not shooting the yote! has to be one of the hardest animals to kill period. The wariest of all creatures in my book. More keener than any buck! I hope all that practice pays off and you get a crack at one of those coyotes.

Good luck! post some pics if it happens Ozzy!! that would be sweet!:wink:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I hear ya Mark, Ive been practicing here for six months and never heard one before. I'm taking tomorrow off just see what happens. I have to be careful as part of that section is a preserve. There was no wind that morning at all, they couldnt smell me. Hopefully its calm so I dont have to play the wind.

5. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Good luck. Keep us posted.